The role and the project
The Cambridge Relocation is a project to build a new Water Recycling Centre (WRC) & Sludge Treatment Centre (STC) for Cambridge such that the land of Anglian Water's existing WRC can be developed to create new housing and Infrastructure in collaboration with key stakeholders. Our client is responsible for the Design, Construction & Commissioning of a host of activities and require the most enthusiastic and talented team ensure a successful project.
The successful candidates will produce quality engineering deliverables to programme in order to support the Development Consent Order (DCO) process, detailed design, construction, commissioning and completion. With a focus on innovation, environmental sustainability, safety and standards, the role holder will play a key part in this project.
- Under the guidance of the Technical Manager deliver complete designs as required by the DCO process, @one Alliance procedures and project need
- Embrace BIM360 and assist in the development of 3D models of the project to achieve the project requirement of a fully attributed 3D model to facilitate the manipulation of data and to allow site construction without 2D drawings
- Coordination of multi-disciplinary design produced by the core design team, external partners and the supply chain
- Drive excellence in Health and Safety in design by eliminating hazards and reducing risks during design whilst complying with Alliance CDM procedures
- Actively integrate with the project planning activities ;proactively contributing to an integrated delivery programme that covers all stages of design, DCO, construction and commissioning
- Ensure all technical work is carried out to the highest standard by embracing Project 13 and NIC "Good Design" Principles and use them to influence how we structure our design delivery
- Identify and promote opportunities to meet the project digital, sustainability, innovation and people objectives
What our client is looking for
- Demonstrable experience in undertaking design of various engineering assets in the water industry
- Experience of delivering civil engineering design to support planning applications.
- Proven ability in design of major wastewater treatment projects
- Masters level degree in Civil Engineering would be advantageous.
With strong communication skills, you'll have excellent stakeholder management skills and champion collaboration to tackle challenges and obstacles. Demonstrating strong IT skills, you'll marry your technical and people skills to deliver the best civil engineering facility to your stakeholders on a regular basis.
- A competitive salary
- Car/car allowance (subject to role and level of position)
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays (with an additional 5 days available to buy)
- Contribution Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Insurance
- Private medical Insurance
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other