Position: Clerk Of Works
Salary: Up to £55k
We are looking for an experienced and competent Site Inspector to support our client’s project delivery teams. The role is covering sites near Kent, surrey and South London
A truly multi-disciplined business, who excels in delivering project construction and development-centric professional consultancy services. They deliver across a range of market sectors including residential, education, healthcare and public sector regeneration
Residential; Public Sector
- Affordable Housing
- Local Authority / Registered Provider
- Various types of construction including MMC
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
Site inspections • Understanding build programmes • Understanding building regulations and NHBC compliance • Carrying out technical design reviews • Competent with fire stopping detailing • Health and safety awareness including CSCS registration
- Visit the site no less than the amount agreed and at critical points in the construction phase.
- Check that all elements of construction are in accordance with the relevant regulations, Codes of Practice, British Standards & the Contracts; with specific attention given to fire safety.
- Check all works, materials & products are in accordance with the Contract & drawings.
- In the case of the defective works, to issue a Memorandum to the Employer’s Agent.
- Monitor the Contractor’s Programme, reporting any delays/failures to the Client. This is to include the checking of the Contractor’s Weather Report.
- Inspect the NHBC Site Book and check that all entries are being correctly dealt with.
- Report any contravention of Health & Safety Regulations to the client.
- Participate in benchmark snagging exercises to ‘set the standard’.
- Carry out pre-handover snagging and de-snagging inspections; these will include a basic performance test on services and issue the relevant lists to the contractor.
- Attend handover inspections where agreed and check handover documentation.
- Complete & submit Site Inspection Reports to Client & Employer’s Agents within deadlines.
- Carry out End of Defect Inspections and report on after-care issues where appropriate.
- You will be required to undertake any other reasonably required duties to ensure that the works are adequately inspected and matters are brought to ours and the Client’s attention.
- Must be conversant in Microsoft Office; be able to travel & have full clean driving licence.
A great opportunity for an experienced Site Manager or Site Inspector to utilize their skills in a different role, with a great company in a people orientated and professional environment
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Construction
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)