With over 30 years of experience supplying automation systems to a variety of industries through our in house expert teams, we are a well-established and respected supplier within automation. Due to the continued growth of the market and our client base we are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to come and join our team in Worcester.
You will be operating alongside Engineering Management, Design and also the Sales and Marketing team to configure design concepts and assist in the full production process of each design. Within this role you have the opportunity to work alongside some of the industries market leading designers with years of experience.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be required to carry out the following tasks:
- The design of special purpose automation machines and product handling equipment tailored to individual clients specific needs.
- Produce 3D designs, detail drawings and documentation using SolidWorks.
- Design systems based on customer requirements, design for manufacture, design for service and value engineering.
- To undertake mechanical design calculations when required.
What are we looking for in a Mechanical Design Engineer?
-Educated to degree level or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
-Experience of designing bespoke special purpose equipment
-Experience of working with SolidWorks, or a similar 3D CAD package
-Experience producing detailed manufacturing drawings and technical information
-Robust problem solving skills
-Excellent time management and organisational skills
-Ability to provide technical, innovative solutions
What we can offer you:
-A competitive salary around £40,000 per annum.
-The opportunity for career progression
-On the job training
-A healthily benefits package
-The fantastic opportunity to join a market leading organisation that is consistently growing.
If you are interested in the opportunity to become a Mechanical Design Engineer with this market leading organisation then please apply.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities