As a result of growing demands for our clients award winning range of diesel engines and a number of exciting engine development programmes, they are seeking a Principal Systems Integration Engineer. The post will suit an individual looking for an opportunity to develop their career within a fast paced organisation at the cutting edge of engine design and development.
You will be responsible for taking new Propulsion systems and components from concept to flawless launch, as part of the overall process of integrating propulsion components into their machines, ensuring a robust system/component sign-off meeting all regulatory, quality, cost and timing requirements.
To Lead integration projects for Propulsion to ensure delivery of high quality products in a timely manner. This will require some components to be developed from concept to delivery, while others will need to be packaged appropriately. From specification, through analysis, testing and development, to engineering sign-off, these projects will need to be supported technically, planned, and managed.
- Leadership - This role will be customer focused requiring management of relationships with internal machine groups, delivery of planning, communication, and problem resolution.
- Management - Organisation of resources, across multiple projects to ensure delivery of priorities, excellent planning and other key management tools will need to be utilised.
- Line Management - Supporting personal development, providing technical leadership, advising and supporting as necessary, and ensuring the delivery of a supportive team culture.
- Technical decision making personally and obtaining technical decisions to ensure project progression as required.
- Technical -
- Create system and component specifications and design (cascaded from programme targets) - using/commissioning the relevant analysis tools to support data driven design decisions.
- Develop system and component FMEAs, and DVPs.
- Co-ordinate and supervise DVP tests/analyses (analytical, rig, engine and machine)
- Resolve engineering issues using recognised methodologies
- Write systems test and development technical reports for own responsible areas
- Support programme gateways and reviews
- Support engineering sign-off with robust test and validation data and technical reports
- Provide clear communication and support to all customers, engineering teams and suppliers:
- Coordination with other functional areas, such as programme teams, purchasing, quality, other development teams
- Monitor and report status to relevant parties
- Highlight issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Supplier management:
- Work in a simultaneous engineering environment to support the development plan, ensuring design for manufacture and assembly.
- Manage suppliers via the APQP process
- Work with suppliers to deliver prototypes and PPAP parts to schedule, meeting quality and performance requirements
- Communicate lessons learned; propose design guide/process updates.
- Working level experience of 2d drawing and 3d modelling in Siemens/Unigraphics NX platform advantageous
- Working level experience of PLM tool (e.g. Siemens Teamcentre) advantageous
- Off Highway machine experience advantageous.
- CAE experience especially in thermal management systems advantageous.
- Experience dealing with UK and overseas design teams advantageous.
- Being able to handle multiple projects simultaneously is also a key requirement
In addition to a passion for engineering, a proven track record of delivery, and a desire to be 'hands-on' with projects from concept to completion, the candidates will:
- Have a degree in an associated mechanical engineering discipline, with a sound understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles (showing an attention to detail, and being data driven).
- Have a sound grasp of the machine product development cycle, and expertise in propulsion system and component specification, design, development and sign-off (using relevant tools)
- Ideally, have experience with an engine/machine/transmission manufacturer or Tier 1 supplier
- Demonstrate good project and supplier management skills, and good commercial awareness
- Be able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels
- Show flexibility - the role requires travel to customer and supplier sites
- Engineering Degree
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other