As Electrical Systems Engineer you will carry out engineering activities for electrical systems on current and future platforms, including research.
The department is responsible for a broad range of electrical systems, as such the role has the scope for involvement with the following:
- Platform Electrical Power management and distribution systems.
- Platform lighting requirements (internal and external) including use of NVIS.
- Electrical panels and switches, including crew grips.
- Electrical Integration of Power Systems (engines).
- Anti Icing and Deicing systems.
- Hoists. Batteries Electrical aspects of various utility systems (eg ECS, hydraulics, fuel)
Areas of responsibility may include:
- System architecture definition, design and analysis.
- Requirements capture, allocation, derivation, validation and verification.
- Preparation of technical specifications and other project documentation.
- Review of electrical design, including engineering drawings.
- Conduct presentations at technical design reviews.
- Preparation of test documentation and conduct integration testing.
- Participate in aircraft trials.
- Qualification and certification of equipment and systems.
- Technical management of external suppliers.
- Liaison with Customers, internal and external.
- Supporting bid activities with future Customers.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other