Electrical Design Engineer
Welwyn garden city
Manufacturing Food and beverage,
Salary £50,000 to £62,000
Immediate start available
What will I be doing?
Designing electrical machines and systems for products that are required for our internal customer fulfilment centres.
- Working with the Team Lead and Product Manager to:
- Keep system quality high
- Foster collaboration within the team and with engineers from other teams.
- Learn and understand engineering principles such as:
- Continuous improvement
- Fail fast philosophy
- Design for manufacturing
- Design for operation
- Rapid Prototyping
- Product Scope:
- Define cable routing within the control panel and external machine using Eplan SmartWire
- Check all modifications and new designs are fully detailed and documented. Schedule and lead technical project reviews based on the project deliverables and milestones
- Technical Scope:
- Internalise and maintain electrical drawings provided by third parties.
- Designing by Selecting and configuring controls, power and safety system architecture for new automation equipment for AC & DC systems.
- Identifying new ideas to improve our products, and producing reference designs to prove and implement these concepts.
- Helping develop a rapid and flexible development process.
- Preparing for manufacture (Bill of Materials, Harness drawings) and working with external suppliers.
- Designing automated machines, their sub systems or their components using control systems, machinery systems and sub-systems
- Specifying and selecting electrical components, for EU and International applications
- Power calculations and budgeting.
- Conducting and participating in design review for new product designs and changes/modifications to existing designs.
- Solving engineering problems plus relevant investigation activities, and present root cause analysis and solutions.
- Approving and signing off drawings.
- Supporting the transfer to a contract manufacturer for machines with production volumes from 10 offs to 10000s
- Working with relevant regulations.
- Be able to review design outputs from both internal and external design resources.
- Advising on test procedures and test rigs
- Support development of design verification test plans.
What we are looking for
- Ability to select standard components and design automation products.
- Experience of:
- Working on electrical cabinets and control systems for global application.
- Demonstrated evidence of working with suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Experience of developing products to high manufacturing volumes.
- Experience of full product development lifecycle.
This would make you stand out from the crowd
- Experience of simulation of electrical systems
- Experience of working with Siemens PLC
- Experience of simulation, electromechanical architecture, Solidworks.
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we've ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy retail staff discounts.
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Or contact Kieran Duggan at matchtech on 01489 898162
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other