My Client is recruiting for a Project Engineer in the Water Sector
As Project Engineer you will work with the Project Manager to maximise the revenues and margin of the projects assigned while meeting the client's requirements through appropriate contract and project delivery, people management and communication channels.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Maintain close working relationships with the client, designers and sub-contractors, and Interact proactively with other departments and members of the project team to ensure that the projects are delivered within time and budget restraints and in line with client specifications.
- Schedule preparation, pre-planning and resource forecasting for engineering and other technical activities relating to the project.
- Identifying potential areas of cost saving and revenue increase whilst maintaining technical standards.
- Ensuring that all potential variations are identified, quantified and agreed with the client in accordance with the contract procedure.
- Establishing the invoicing schedule with the client, agreeing valuations and advising the Accounts Department (via the Contracts Administrator) of the invoices to be raised in accordance with the particular contract terms of payment.
- Managing the work of installation supervisors that may be assigned to you for specific contracts and providing all necessary guidance and support.
- Completion of Design Hazard Risk Assessments to ensure good health and safety practices are followed.
- Support the sales and proposals team to impart technical knowledge and project management experience into bid.
- Support the project engineers and other members of the team by attending technical meetings, review technical drawings, ensure good engineering practices are maintained and lessons learnt are applied to new and future projects.
- Be prepared to undertake all reasonable duties as requested by the Project Manager or Head of Projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of HNC / HND qualification or an equivalent engineering qualification
- A relevant engineering degree would be desirable
- Mechanical engineering design experience in Water / Wastewater treatment processes
- Sound engineering knowledge and experience to enable effective appreciation of the customer's requirements and the environment in which the solution will be required to operate
- Ability to create P & I D drawings and write Functional design Specifications
- Ability to develop innovative and practical design solutions to technical problems and meet project deadlines
- Be cost-conscious and be able to critically analyse new and existing designs to generate cost reductions
- Experience of managing multiple projects and being familiar with using project plans
- Have strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical disciplines
- An awareness of the potential risks to health and safety on all clients' properties
- Ideally you will be proficient with Google Forms/Docs/Sheets/Slides. If you have experience using MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint then you should be comfortable moving to Google
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other