Leading electrical engineering design & build contractor specialising in high voltage power transmission & distribution projects seeks a passionate and proactive HSQE Manager with knowledge of the processes and procedures required to build and an Integrated Management System to ISO standards to join their team in Derby.
This is a key hire for this leading brand who have a strong order book of work around the UK covering a variety of sectors. As HSQE Manager you will take lead responsibility for management of the company Integrated Management System (IMS) as a tool to enable safe, sustainable, socially responsible and high quality delivery of the company's objectives
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Ownership of the company Integrated Management System as a live system, including updating to ensure compliance with latest statutory and regulatory requirements and industry best practise;
- Drafting HSQE policy and procedure documents;
- Management of external audit and accreditation processes, including ISO 9001; ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 IMS certifications and UVDB; NERS; RISQS and other industry accreditations;
- Management of internal audits process, including performance of audits against company IMS requirements and relevant external standards and administration of non-conformance process;
- Advise senior management team on compliance and conformance requirements and issues, including associated risk management strategies;
- Champion implementation of IMS processes and procedures by the wider team, including continuous improvement through lessons learned and workforce engagement;
- Carry out safety tours and site inspections;
- Participating in HSQE risk assessments at a corporate and project-specific level and advising on delivery methodologies;
- Evaluate supplier approval applications and audit suppliers for compliance against supply chain HSQE requirements; and
- Assist Bid Manager by drafting HSQE documentation in support of work winning activities.
The successful candidate must have a passion for HSQE and the following:
- Expert knowledge of the processes and procedures required to build and an Integrated Management System which is compliant with the internationally recognised ISO 9001; ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 standards and others;
- Degree-level qualification in field relation to the built environment or HSQE more generally;
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety;
- NEBOSH or similar tertiary qualifications specific construction health & safety management advantageous;
- NEBOSH or similar tertiary qualifications specific to environmental and sustainability management advantageous;
- Experience in an engineering, construction, utilities or other built environment sector;
- Excellent written communication skills and experience of drafting HSQE policies and procedures; and
- Experience of external audit processes relevant to the company's business activities.
In return you will be offered a salary of up to £50,000 plus a company car or car allowance, annual leave and a pension.
To apply is easy, contact Oli for more info or just simply apply online.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other