Important: All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Working: Possible Flexible and some remote working potentials.
This is a fantastic time to join as a Software Engineer, within a team who are growing, so there are multiple opportunities available from Junior - Principal Expertise!
The team are seeking a Software Engineer with experience in Software Development, in C (Embedded Software) or C++.
As a Software Engineer you will Define, architect, design, develop, document and test embedded and/or application software as part of a software engineering team. The team are a dynamic and forward thinking group of around of 5-20 engineers, delivering multiple concurrent research, development and production programmes ranging from tens of £k to several £m!
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience in a Physics or Engineering based subject, such as; Electronics, Hardware, Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering etc.
- Proven experience in Software Development, in C (Embedded Software) or C++.
Experience of at least one of the following;
- Embedded product development (including bare-metal and RTOSes such as ThreadX, QNX or Linux)
- Embedded Linux application, kernel and/or driver development. C and C++
- Experience of best practice software development processes/lifecycles
- Experience of Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns
- Experience of software testing and design for test
- Experience in the Defence / Aerospace or safety regulated environment would be advantageous.
- Experience of using version control, continuous integration and automated test tools and frameworks.
- Exposure to defensive coding techniques and standards such as MISRA.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices, methodologies, processes, techniques and technology trends
- Experience of DOORS, RSA, Enterprise Architect, UML and SysML
For full information, please get in touch!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other