If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country's armed forces to deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
We recognise the challenges that people with (multiple) protected characteristics may experience on the job market and in their career progression. We are fully committed to being an inclusive employer and ensuring equal opportunities. We are keen to make our workforce as diverse as possible, and we hope to attract applications from underrepresented groups, including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, people with a disability, and people with gender diverse identities.
You will be based out of the location listed above in the advert, however, DE&S and the SDA both support Smarter working, which empowers you to make decisions about when, where and how you work.
The Information Management & Information Technology (IM&IT) function is an exciting and diverse function that employs professionals from information management, information technology, information assurance and cyber security to management information and statisticians. We act as the 'digital partner' to DE&S, helping the whole organisation to embed new business processes, tools and technology while at the same time keeping us legal and our information protected
The successful candidate will support the delivery of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) systems through life and provide a vital interface between the Accreditor, the supplier, the project team and the end user community, offering advice and guidance on Information Assurance (IA) strategies, policy and governance.
* Within a team of Information Assurance analysts, leading team activity as necessary to ensure high quality work is delivered that meets the needs of the business and required standard.
* Provide advice and guidance in supporting the delivery of IA strategy, policy and solutions relevant to specialist area
* Provide expert advice and guidance in supporting the delivery of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning.
* Determine the requirement for the testing of IA controls of a system, platform or infrastructure to ensure alignment with security architecture and policy.
* Act as Security Accreditor to ensure all networks and systems are compliant with policy. Providing appropriate advice and guidance when gaps are identified and escalate where appropriate.
* Undertake information assurance reviews and lead audits and provide management information on reviews, both internally and externally with Industry Partners, presenting the findings across stakeholder groups.
* Lead the development and delivery of the accreditation activity within projects, acting as a Security & Information Risk Advisor.
* Review business processes, identify improvements, assess feasibility and recommend new approaches where appropriate and share in the community.
* Provide assurances that IM controls remain effective through the life a system and make recommendations to adapt and evolve controls where necessary.
* Be an active part of the Information Assurance community.
* Assist with the training and development of IA analysts
* Fulfil Primary Delivery Manager responsibilities for your direct reports.
Please note, due to the nature of work, some of the positions available will be open to Sole UK Nationals only and, in some cases, will require the successful candidate to gain DV Clearance prior to onboarding.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Relevant qualification and/or experience of Information Assurance in a large organisation.
* Experience, knowledge and/or qualifications in one or more of the following: Information risk management, information security (e.g. CISSP), cyber security of networks, interfacing, product security lifecycles, penetration testing
* Experience with Stakeholder engagement
It would benefit your application if you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
* Awareness of MOD or Defence IA processes would be beneficial
* Working towards membership of relevant Professional body, e.g Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP)
* Experience and knowledge of cyber security in the defence environment, including knowledge of JSP440 and current defence policies and practices
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Information Assurance
* Data Literacy
* Communicating and influencing
* Making effective decisions
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other