Originally a spin-off from a University, the company has a family of electro-mechanically powered products.
Due to demand for its products the business needs to strengthen its engineering by recruiting an able Mechanical Design Engineer. This is a broad-based role covering both project management and mechanical engineering.
The position presents the chance to work within a bright and highly-motivated multi-disciplinary team. State of the art equipment and associated software will be provided.
What we are looking for…
- Experience of Mechanical design, ideally of long life cycle, high volume/precision, products.
- Experience with structural calculations and analysis including analytical calculations, design and FEA.
- You will need to be a highly innovative and pro-active individual, capable of responding creatively to very rapid development.
- You will hold a degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Ideally an understanding of the fatigue behaviour of metals
- You will be able to demonstrate a record of creative and innovative engineering solutions
- Ideally a familiarity with electro-mechanical products
- You will have proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You will be self-motivated and enthusiastic, with the proven ability to foster, develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers, suppliers and contractors at all levels.
- Ideally you will have a proven track record of implementing engineering lifecycles and processes and cradle to-grave experience of long life cycle, electro-mechanical products.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other