Senior Video Streaming Engineer
For one of the main providers of games and services in online in the world, which is continuously committed to research the evolution of its products and the growth of its employees, Networkers wants to fill a role of:
- Permanent contract directly with client
- Attractive retribution package (base salary + benefits)
- Career progression
- Health insurance
- Other great benefits & perks: contemporary office environment, company café, kitchens, company gym, attending international IT conferences, and other benefits…
Evolution Gaming is looking for a Senior Video Streaming Engineer to join the Video Research team.
The right candidate has a technical background in Networking and Video domain and has the desire to work in a research-oriented environment.
- University Degree in a suitable area
- Experience with Linux or Unix environments
- Experience with LIBAV, FFMpeg, Gstreamer or similar
- Experience with video related hardware is a plus(e.g. converters, video switches, etc.)
- Experience with browser oriented live streaming specifics and capabilities (MSE, protocol support, engine differences, typical browser-specific issues, adaptive streaming, etc)
- Experience in programming with C/C++, Java, Python, etc.
- Experience with audio/video ecosystem (encoding, H.264, VP9, IP streaming, etc.)
- Research & Development oriented mentality
- Strong problem-solving skills, debugging experience
- A strong overall understanding of the technologies and platforms specific to live streaming
- Technical knowledge around video encoding, transmuxing, video distribution, open-source video solutions, CDN architecture, and best practices
- Up-to-date general knowledge about trending technologies in the video field, be it low-latency streaming, AV1, etc.
- English , Portuguese (nice to have)
- Deep understanding of networking concepts (LAN/WAN architecture, TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, load-balancing, etc.)
- Understanding of media containers (MP4, CMAF, MPEG-2 TS etc.) and streaming protocols (e.g. MPEG-DASH, HLS, RTMP)
Nice to have
- Experience with video quality measurements and metrics (PSNR, VMAF, SSIM, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management with devops and automation tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with monitoring systems with tools (e.g. Prometheus)
- Experience with AWS or other cloud stacks
- Experience with QoE approaches for video deliver
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other