You will be responsible for making and fitting various components across our range of luxury boats, working to precise measurements and details.
Although candidates with previous marine experience would be preferred, those from other industries/backgrounds, with excellent woodworking skills looking to move into boatbuilding will also be considered.
Day to Day duties:
- Fitting ply bulkheads.
- Epoxy lay-up of sub assemblies.
- Fairing & finishing of final Composite Modules.
- Making and fitting cabin sole bearers.
- Cladding bulkheads with polished veneered ply.
- Making and fitting a variety of boat furniture.
- Fitting various fibreglass components.
- Making and fitting sole boards.
- Basic upholstery work on overhead panels etc.
- Making and hanging cabin doors.
- Levelling Boats
- Skin Fitting Installation, Deck Gear Installation and Teak Deck Installation
- Window, Portlight and Hatch Installation
- Time served or NVQ Level 3 equivalent
- Ability to be organised and work to close time deadlines
- To have a proven track record of completing work to a high standard
A trades test will be required at interview stage.
Standard week - 40 hours
Salary - £29,000 - £32,000 (dependant on experience) plus Overtime after 40 hours at time 1/2, plus other benefits such as pension and health care.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other