Our client is an events company, looking to employ a Business Development person who will work closely with key decision makers and senior level management in leading global life science companies to aid in their business goals and focuses through telephone, email, virtual and face to face meetings (international travel may be required). Whilst no scientific qualifications are required, applicants would be expected to show a strong desire to succeed in a sales environment and should be able to network and client-manage effectively.
This position offers career development within a fast-growing company with potential to accelerate within product or team management responsibilities.
You will require:
- Previous 2 years experience in a B2B sales role
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Confidence and an autonomous approach to their work
- A willingness to learn and contribute to the success of a team
- Selling virtual and face-to-face event sponsorship opportunities to solution provider
- companies worldwide, helping with their marketing, brand exposure and business
- enhancing goals
- Network on the phone, Microsoft meetings and account manage existing sponsors
- Handle objections and negotiate and close deals with new and existing sponsors
- Write proposals and persuasive invitations
- On-site event management at in-person– assisting clients in the exhibition area, collecting
- feedback, and supporting the operations manager in all aspects of the event (international
- travel is required)
- Virtual platform sponsorship management for digital events when applicable
- Research and obtain new contacts both from lead sourcing and contact with clients.
- Manage own customer database, set up diary entries for return calls and report on
- performance and targets on a weekly basis
- Salary from £23,000-25,000 PA + commission (£10,000+ expected for year 1).
- Excellent remuneration, training,
- Annual staff awards to recognise achievements.
- Gym membership,
- Flexible/home working opportunities,
- Regular social events,
- Increment of holiday during employment.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
Uncapped commission (£10,000+ expected for year 1)
- Industry Sector Sales