Job descriptionThe Director Strategy, Inclusion, & Employee Deal is accountable for the development of the HR Strategy and Employee Deal on behalf of the CPO Leadership team, in addition to leading the Directorate who are responsible for strategic guidance, policy development, and Tier 3 expert advice.
These services range across subjects’ areas including the GPTW strategy, Wellbeing, Diversity & Inclusion, Employee Relations, Health & Safety, and People and Employment Policy. The role will be accountable for the Organisation Design of the Strategy, Inclusion, & Employee Deal Directorate in line with the broader HR Transformation Programme and Target Operating Model (2023).
It is essential that in your written application you give evidence of examples of proven experience and success in each of the essential criteria of the person specification. These responses will be developed and discussed with those candidates invited for interview.
You must be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria within your application:
• Enterprise leadership and driving a collaborative and inclusive culture. Track record as a HR leader of a large, complex organisation, with experience of communicating and influencing.
• Successful senior stakeholder management with a reputation as a trusted adviser, ability to engage with colleagues at all levels and surface and tackle complex issues, and a track record of building and maintaining strategic partnerships.
• Subject matter expert on Employee Deal and experience of working in HR Policy.
• Experience of organisational design and development, with a proven track record of implementing significant successful programmes.
• Experience of developing leadership capabilities in others.
• Technical Requirements:
• Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), or fully qualified member (Level 7) with at least 5 years’ experience in an HR leadership role in an organisation of 5000+ employees.
• Report to the Chief People Officer.
• Interface with HR Leadership colleagues, in particular the Director of Workforce Transformation and Partnering and People Analytics & Insight.
• Works with Civil Service Policy colleagues, key CSEP stakeholders and Trade Union officials.
• Interface OGD Employee Framework Directors.
• Work with functional leaders across HMRC e.g. IT, Finance, Facilities, Communications.
Responsibilities• Partners with the Chief People Officer and the CPO leadership team to define and document the HR Strategic Plan, aligned to the HMRC people strategy, and HMRC’s business strategy.
• Leads the development and consults on the implementation of HMRC-wide people-specific frameworks, policies and approaches within the areas of : GPTW (Great Place to Work) Strategy, Values and Commitments, Diversity and inclusion, Employee relations, HR policy, Reward, benefits, CS Pensions, Health and Safety, Wellbeing, Corporate, Security for CPO (Chief People Office), CFO (Chief Finance Office) and (SOLS Solicitor's Office and Legal Services).
• Delivery accountability for the provision of policy and tier 3 expert advice on the aforementioned areas of scope within HR service delivery.
• Accountable for Strategy, Inclusion, and Employee Deal Organisation Design, in line with the HR Transformation Programme and Target Operating Model (2023). To champion and lead HR Transformation in collaboration with CPO-1 colleagues.
• Accountable for the design and development of HMRC’s reward strategy, guidelines, frameworks and principles. Including market benchmarking; benchmarking and job levelling; salary and totally pay structures; management of the annual compensation cycle, LTI and Variable Pay Programmes; and the SCS compensation strategy.
• Develops the accessibility and equality action plans, to support measurable improvements to ensure that HMRC becomes a more diverse, equal and inclusive employer.
• Partners with the HMRC enterprise to ensure the legal compliance with Health & Safety, Diversity & Inclusion, and Corporate Security legislation. Accountable for the reporting of HMRC compliance activity in the aforementioned areas back to Central Government.
• Develops and maintains constructive and effective working relationships with employee representative groups, and Trade Unions, to foster effective working relationships and enable appropriate changes to the Employee Deal as required.
• Oversees specific HMRC-wide policy communications (using a range of channels) on areas within the role remit such as Compensation, GPTW, Values, D&I, in partnership with HMRC Communications.
• Line management responsibility for the Strategy and Employee Deal team: creating a high performing team; setting performance targets, monitoring and managing their performance against objectives, providing coaching and mentoring and ensuring development opportunities are provided; budget and reporting for Team;
• Steward, role-model, and champion of HMRC Values & Commitments, including the Civil Service Vision and Code: being the change that you want to see.
• Partnering with the People, Analytics, and Insight Team to ensure that Great Place to Work metrics are defined, measured, and reported back to the Chief People Officer and relevant governance bodies.
• Accountable for the development and production of the HR Strategic roadmap and SR21 proposition and ensuring the alignment of all HR Corporate Services and Programmes with those milestones.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services