We know Support Workers truly are Superhero’s and absolutely know how hard you work, we are looking for positive, engaging, compassionate and caring support workers in Hull to join our client’s young adult residential care service.
Our Client specialises in providing high standards of accommodation, personal care and support for young adults who may have complex needs including Autism, Mental Health Issues and Learning Disabilities. Our client actively encourages resident’s independence and supports them to lead the most fulfilling life possible.
Whilst no two days are the same typically, you’ll help the people we support with everyday challenges such as personal care, meal preparation, housekeeping, medication, attending health appointments, maintaining relationships and taking part in hobbies & activities. Crucially, enabling them to carry out tasks, chores and hobbies that most people take for granted but are meaningful to the people we support.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the individuals that we support lead valued and fulfilling life.
- Professional, caring and supportive with a willingness to make a difference to the lives of the individuals we support.
- A commitment to quality and being the best that you can.
- Helping them to reach their potential and achieve to the best of their ability.
- You may support them to do household jobs
- You may support them to enjoy their favourite hobby.
- Assisting/supporting with personal/practical care tasks according to individual needs, which may include: -
- Assisting with personal care
- Developing independent living skills
- Managing and budgeting finances
- Safe handling and administering of medication
- You will be required to support with meeting the individual’s social and emotional needs, using person-centred planning approaches to enable each person to enjoy a quality of life developing skills and ensure they have positive outcomes.
If you are looking for full time, part time or bank support hours click apply today and we will contact you for a confidential chat.
As a superhero “Support Worker” you will deliver intense support with all aspects of everyday living to encourage their independence and support them to lead the most fulfilling life possible, incorporating both therapy and social based activities. You must be resilient, flexible and composed in your approach as this will be a challenging environment to work in, although equally rewarding. You will understand the importance of reflective practice and be involved in debriefs and incident analysis to ensure the best possible outcomes for the individual.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Health, Nursing