The Asset Strategy Manager is responsible for developing asset strategies that enable our client to deliver its service commitments safely and legally over the long term. They will also identify strategic options that deliver the best mix of operational, maintenance and capital investment to reach outcomes, challenging constraints and identifying opportunities. The role is pivotal in helping our client achieve its leakage and water consumption ambitions, and will include line managing 1 direct report.
- Set clear targets, plan for and deliver asset and resilience strategies across the organisation to meet business outcomes in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop, embed and maintain alignment of asset strategies between water and wastewater wholesale, in line with corporate risk and resilience frameworks.
- integrate the asset maintenance interventions and strategies to feed the asset planning systems and integrated business plan.
- Support the development of new asset management systems and processes to establish industry leading asset management practices.
- Ensure our client meets legislative maintenance requirements and propose action plan where shortfall is identified. Ensure maintenance standards provide optimal asset reliability, availability and safety. Monitor and review current processes and ensure new assets, changes to operating condition and other triggers are integrated.
This role will make excellent use of your previous experience in developing strategies for a business, analysing complex data, as well as your background in the Water industry. You will also have the opportunity to demonstrate your strong influencing and negotiating skills in this position, particularly with regulators.
Although a degree isn't necessary to be successful in this role, you will ideally be a member of the Institute of Asset Management and some experience as a Line Manager would also be desirable.
- Salary of up to £69k depending on experience
- £400 a month car allowance
- 5 hour working week - 0900-1700
- Excellent company pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other