Job Title: Software Engineer
Overview of department:
Our Company creates some of the world's most cutting-edge software products for Missile sub-systems, and we want you to be a part of our Team.
We are currently in search of an experienced Software Engineer ideally coming from defence background, who is self-starter and able to hit the ground running immediately with minimal support. We expect the candidate to have transferable SC clearance.
The successful candidate will help to develop critical products and provide excellent technical support.
- We offer an environment for Software Engineers and Validation Engineers to thrive and innovate allowing both personal and technical development.
- The opportunity to work with a wide range of latest software technologies that are leading edge in the defence domain, across a broad range of weapon system products.
- Opportunities to work on research and development programmes within the mission planning software domain using new technologies, learning and building new skills.
- Significant previous experience of validation, and verification of the Embedded Software written in C and developed at a high (SIL4 / DO178C Level A or equivalent) safety integrity level and/or adhering to DO178 standard
- Experience of real time embedded software development
- Ability to debug complex problems and be able to produce required documentation to achieve the required safety integrity level
- Authoring Test Specifications, Test Planning documentation and other test documents
- Reviewing test results
- Requirements Analysis Experience
- Very Good attention to detail
- Proven skills in developing well-designed, testable and efficient software solutions
- Working with minimal supervision
- Working in a lab environment with live equipment conducting system tests
- Knowledge of Source Configuration Control Processes (e.g. PVCS, RTC, GIT)
- Working knowledge of C/C++ for special builds for testing and code review
Desirable / Advantageous
- D0178 Level A testing knowledge
- Knowledge of Defence standards and Micro-controller technologies
- Testing on Development Cards with a test environment or bare-metal with special builds
- LDRA Test Bed
- LDRA TB Run
- LDRA TB Object Box
- Unit Testing using LDRA or CPPUnit or an equivalent testing tool
- DOORS knowledge including using to record compliance
- Linux Knowledge
- Test Specification creation in DOORS
- Experience of Static Test / Code inspection to support Dynamic Testing shortfall
- Experience in software development methodologies such as Agile or iterative development
- Creation and use of Virtual Machines (VMWare)
- Knowledge and use of RTC
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other