Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) are working alongside HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) and embarking on an ambitious and challenging digital transformation programme which will result in HMRC becoming one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
RCDTS was set up in 2015 as a subsidiary of HMRC’s Chief Digital & Information Officer Group and has one of the largest customer bases in the world.
Our role sits within Chief Digital & Information Group (CDIO), we’re increasingly delivering in-house through our growing network of digital delivery centres – hi-tech, state-of-the-art facilities across the UK.
We’re removing our dependence on data centres, as we increasingly virtualise our estate. We’re fundamentally restructuring the way we look after our IT and the way we work with partners across our ecosystem. But it’s not just about the tech. We’re building a deep understanding of our customers, working in agile ways, and implementing a DevOps approach.
We focus on our people, with clearly defined career pathways that are rewarding, fulfilling and achievable. We have flexible ways of working to help everyone manage their own work/life balance. And we’re creating an authentically diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels able to bring their whole self to work.
The role sits within Service Management & Operations (SM&O) which forms part of CDIO’s EPS (Enterprise Platform Services) team. SM&O are accountable for the end to end service for HMRC’s IT Systems & Services and our focus is on ensuring consistent, excellent Customer Experience.
Service Management & Operations work closely with the other platform groups and their partners to bring those IT Systems and Services together.
The role is part of our Managed Data Transfer Service (MDTS) which provides a secure data transfer/destruction service of physical media for all of HMRC’s business units and Secure Data Exchange Service (SDES) support for digital transfers both off and onto the HMRC estate. The MDTS service is currently supporting the transition of MDTS use of Pega onto the SDES platform. This is critical for HMRC in managing its Tier 1 risk ‘loss of customer data’. MDTS / SDES support consists of 12 staff split over two locations.
Role & Responsibilities
The ideal candidate, will have experience of providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers, being able to communicate with all stakeholders, confidently and professionally. You will need to demonstrate adherence to process and be able to provide evidence of why this would be of paramount importance.
Duties will include:
- Carry out entry criteria checks on Data Movement Requests (DMRs) that have been approved by Data Guardians
- Process approved DMRs / DERs through completion, ensuring exceptions are managed. Recording movement details within the workflow system (Pega / SDES).
- Use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool logging all customer contacts both HMRC and 3rd parties to the MDTS / SDES Customer Support Teams.
- Provide support for internal HMRC on the use of both Pega and SDES platforms and external customers on-boarding and utilisation of the SDES gov.uk platform.
- Process call off DMRs.
- Receiving of media / data onto HMRC estate, distributing to recipients
- Record movement details in workflow system (Pega)
- Interrogation of digital systems logs which aid / document the journeys off and onto HMRC estate
- Escalation of exceptions to management
- Creation of media – transfer of data onto appropriate media (USBs, CDs, Hard drives).
- Use of relevant software (Blancco) to enable the safe and secure erasure of data on hard drives.
- Perform Password Exchange with relevant parties
- Packaging of media into the correct type of package advised on DMR.
- Monitoring of SDES transfers
- Organising and taking part in Media Disposal Events, including the counting and management of Media to be disposed of.
- Ensure Anti-Virus systems are up-to-date in order to protect the HMRC estate
- Answer HMRC and customer queries via telephone and e-mail, directed to operational process areas
- Liaison with external couriers / disposal contractors ensuring process for secure courier movement of packages and disposal of media are adhered to
The Post Holder will have experience and understanding of:
- An ability to communicate confidently and professionally to all levels.
- Ability to follow processes to completion.
- Able to work independently without guidance and support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of aspects of ITIL, including Incident, Problem, Change and Risk Management.
- Microsoft Office skills, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel
- Flexibility and willingness to perform any associated activity as may be required from time to time and as directed by management
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile principles and Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence), with specific responsibility for stream dashboards.
- Understanding of HMRC Structures and processes.
- Knowledge of how to use MDTS Systems (e.g. CRM, Pega, SDES, Business Objects).
- Experience of working in small teams
CVs should clearly demonstrate how the candidate meets the essential criteria and qualifications stated above.
Applicants will be sifted based upon contents of the CV providing evidence of the essential criteria.
If you are successful at the sift stage you will be invited to interview to demonstrate your suitability. Interviews will held via Teams due to current COVID19 situation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. As such we encourage anybody who needs a reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process to contact the recruiter or hiring manager dealing with your application who will discuss the reasonable adjustments required with you.
We are committed to offering flexible working within our organisation. We will consider all requests to work part-time, flexibly or on a job-share basis. Please speak to the recruitment team or the hiring manager if you would like to discuss flexible working arrangements.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet