Senior Site Engineer required to join my clients' major projects team. My client is a leading civil engineering and construction organisation who have an annual turnover in excess of £225M. The Setting Out Engineer will be part of the 1000+ directly employed workforce delivering client solutions to Government, rail, highways, local authorities utility companies and selected private sector organisations. This Senior Site Engineer will be working on infrastructure projects of various sizes ranging in value up to £8M
Senior Site Engineer Package:
£45K - £50K
40 hours per week
Senior Site Engineer Role
Senior Site Engineer Main Responsibilities:
· The Senior Site Engineer will report to the Site Agent and work with the Works Manager and Sub-Agent to ensure that dimensional control and QA processes are undertaken in a timely manner to meet the Project Programme.
· The Senior Site Engineer shall comply and implement the companies Integrated Management System procedures and guidance and promote its implementation with the Project Team.
· The Engineer is expected to develop a proactive working relationship with Clients and Consultants and report any potential opportunities to the Project Director.
Senior Site Engineer Responsibilities will include:
· Promote and lead the site safety culture. Ensure that all works are carried out in a planned, controlled, and safe manner, in accordance with statutory regulations, current standards, and the Company SHEQ standards.
· Record any Near Misses on the Near Miss Cards, completed cards to be provided to the Safety Manager.
· Review Site Operations with Section Agents to ensure that any works being undertaken outside of the Contract Requirements are raised as EWN/NCE including those verbally instructed by Employer or Others.
· Monitor delivery of the project, identifying risk and opportunities to optimise project delivery, reporting key risks/opportunities to the Section Agent.
· Ensure contemporary Record Keeping through the maintenance of a site diary.
· Ensure required Setting Out is undertaken in timely manner using the latest Design Information to enable operations to progress effectively and provide material quantity requirements to Works Manager/Section Agent to enable timely delivery of required materials.
· Review Inspection and Test Plans with the Section Agent and ensure the required inspections and testing is undertaken and documented in the relevant file in accordance with the Project Management Plan. Ensure Section Agent is notified one week prior where external testing is required.
· Provide Quality Co-Ordinator with the required QA documentation for collation and submission to the Employer.
· Continual updating of as-built drawings on site and maintain measurement records to be submitted to Section Agent on Weekly Basis. As-Built drawings to be marked by hand on a "clean" set of "First Issue Construction Drawings".
· Review all relevant design information and raise Technical Queries where required on the AGCL Technical Query Form. TQs to be provided to Section Agent for review and onward submission. Ensure responses are monitored and inform Section Agent of non-response.
· Ensure all Survey/Testing Equipment has a current calibration certificate and maintain the Equipment Register for all Survey, Testing and Inspection equipment in their use using AGCL Equipment Register
· Ensure all works are undertaken in accordance with the RAMS and that Hold Points are adhered to and actioned accordingly. Any non-conformities to be reported immediately to the Section Agent.
· Ensure all Permits to Work (Excavation, Hot Works, Confined Spaces, Electrical Connections) are raised on relevant forms, issued, and filed with a copy of Permit issued to appropriate Ganger and briefed accordingly.
The Ideal Senior Site Engineer:
· We are looking for a candidate who possesses:
· Strong leadership and motivational skills
· A passion for keeping people safe.
· Customer focus and the ability to build relationships.
· Good negotiation skills
· An ability to plan and organise works safely and efficiently.
· Excellent managerial and organisation ability
· A preference for teamworking and collaboration
· High level of Commercial acumen
· Strong communication and IT skills
· Attention to detail.
· The ability to prioritise and manage workload and is self-motivated.
· A good understanding of current methods and up to date knowledge of specifications and contract principles
· A working knowledge of NEC contracts and other common forms
Senior Site Engineer Education/Certification Requirements:
· Preferably a further education qualification e.g., Degree or HND/HNC (in Civil Engineering or similar)
· CSCS qualification (desirable)
· Proven experience in Civil Engineering Contracting, preferably highways
· SMTS/IOSH (Safety Related Qualifications)
· Temporary Works Co-ordinator & confined spaces preferable
· Planning Software & AutoCAD Trained
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other