Sub Agent (Highways) required to join my clients' major projects team. My client is a leading civil engineering and construction organisation who have an annual turnover in excess of £225M. The Setting Out Engineer will be part of the 1000+ directly employed workforce delivering client solutions to Government, rail, highways, local authorities utility companies and selected private sector organisations. This Sub Agent position is based in Barnstaple.
Sub Agent (Highways) Package:
£30,000 - £45,000 DOE
Sub Agent Main Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Site Agent you will be expected to understand and accept verbal and written instruction and be responsible for:
* Delivery of the project in line with the construction programme and Works Information.
* Managing a team of site engineers.
* Drawing up Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Permits.
* Ensuring daily work record sheets and diaries.
* Daily programming and planning of work operations.
* Ensuring all works are undertaken in accordance with company Health and Safety Rules and Procedures.
* Reporting any unsafe act or defect to your Line Manager.
* Liaise with fellow members of the project team and client's representatives on site.
The Ideal Sub Agent:
Successful Sub Agents will have previous experience within the Civil Engineering industry and, preferably, on similar highway projects. Candidates would be expected to have experience and knowledge of the following disciplines:
* Reading and understanding construction drawings and specification.
* Familiarity with the NEC Form of contract.
* Resource management
* Planning and programming
* Commercial awareness
* Highway Works and/or RC Structural Concrete
* Good English spoken and writing skills.
Sub Agent Essentials/Qualifications:
* To be degree educated or equivalent qualification
* To be working (or looking) towards achieving chartered status.
* To possess a valid CSCS & SMSTS card
* To be eligible to work in the UK
* To work site hours (Generally 07.30 - 17.30) Monday to Friday
* To work occasional night and weekend shifts
* To be motivated and enthusiastic
* Successful candidates will be given every opportunity to develop and progress their careers with a forward thinking and rapidly expanding business on future schemes across the South West region.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other