This role is INSIDE IR35
Pay rate: £40-£50ph Ummbrella (£34.10-£42.63 PAYE)
Based in West Midlands with WFH available.
Responsible to the relevant Applications Team Leader, you will be part of a group developing ECU designs for a range of products. You will undertake ECU application design and development activities for market leading EPS solutions in a dynamic, multi-project, multi-disciplined, safety related product environment.
The role requires a strong understanding of high volume electronic design (covering many areas - from microcontrollers to power electronics). A strong knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes/ tools is, also, required.
What you'll do:
- Electronic Circuit Design: Development of electronic circuit designs, covering a wide range of digital and analogue technologies, for high volume, safety critical automotive control systems. Good understanding of electronic components and manufacturing assembly techniques and processes
- Electronic Circuit Analysis: Tolerancing and worse case analysis using various simulation (eg. Saber, Spice) and analysis tools (eg. Excel, Mathcad)
- Safety and Reliability Analysis: Performing FMEA, FTA, reliability analysis in support of ISO 26262/IEC61508 work packages and analysis
- Generation of requirements, design documents and test documents: Generating documentation in support of the clients procedures and engineering design and development activities
- Validation, Verification and Test: Generate test plans and conduct validation/verification/test programmes to ensure designs are fit for purpose and conform to design requirements
What we are looking for
- Educated to degree level (in a relevant subject)
- Experience in analogue and/or power electronics
- Excellent communication skills; particularly reporting
- Member of relevant professional body (e.g. IET)
- Experience in key safety analysis processes (e.g. ISO 26262, FMEA, FTA etc.)
- Automotive system and design experience (e.g. requirements, processes and tools)
- Power Electronics 3-phase motor drivers, inverters, power supply design
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other