My Client is recruiting for a Commercial Manager in the Water Sector
An opportunity has come up for an experienced Commercial Manager to join our clients Regional Water Business and Water Major Project's team.
The successful candidate will set out, and successfully implement, the regional business strategy for delivering efficient cost control and procurement needs in line with business unit targets. Monitor all contractual issues, reviewing costs on a continuing basis, identifying and realising cost saving opportunities. Overseeing material and subcontract procurement.
What you'll be doing day to day:
- To work as an ambassador for the water business by retaining existing clients and attaining new client's and projects leads securing our position across the south and our overall business.
- Implement regional business strategy
- Work closely with Directors in the commercial management of the business.
- Constantly monitor commercial viability of schemes throughout the development stage.
- Contribute in defining and developing procurement strategy.
- Implement and manage effective placement of subcontractor orders.
- Ensure monitoring systems are in place to manage the financial aspects of a number of projects.
- Control the scheduling and purchasing of materials.
- Contribute to development budgets.
- Review and monitor costs on a continuing basis
- Raise awareness of the need to effectively manage a regime of cost control with local board.
- Prepare regular reports for the board illustrating the financial situation of various projects in relation to budgets, highlighting any issues/risks.
- Reconcile monthly costs reports for presentation to board.
- Management and motivation of Commercial Operations
- Ensure that an effective departmental structure is in place to deliver business unit strategy.
- Ability to understand the key drivers for effective staff motivation.
- Must have the sufficient skills to identify staff weaknesses and implement change where necessary.
- Ensure regular performance reviews take place within the Team.
- Take responsibility for achieving business targets including cash, profit, return on capital and sales.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Directors
- Drive forward and attend Concept, Pre-tender, Pre start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required under the Company's operating framework.
- Developing and managing customer/stakeholder relationships for repeat business opportunities/tenders
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the senior leadership team, peers and teams to debate, develop and implement initiatives and change management protocols
- Ability to lead and empower teams, at varying levels, including any development and retention challenges
- Interpreting core policies and ensuring procedures are adhered to for current legislation, legal and contractual requirements
- Collaboration with central service teams for core processes, people management and development
Qualifications and Experience:
- Senior Management / leadership roles in the utilities or water industry
- Understanding of the market sector challenges and developments
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of business development and client stakeholder management and engagement
- Understanding of client's business challenges and targets to align service provision
- Creating, developing and delivering robust business plans
- Delivered target driven and result focused outcomes
- Influenced a strong health and safety performance and culture
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of change management and evolving strategy into workable solutions
- Empowering innovation
- Leading change projects
- Leading, mentoring and coaching your teams
- Strong commercial acumen and budgetary experience
- Managing extensive and complex business unit budgets
- Developing and maintaining high performance
- Comprehensive knowledge of current trends and best practice
- Ability to drive margin improvements through structured efficiency programmes
- Industry degree or equivalent
- Membership within an accredited body i.e. ICE, IMechE, IET, CIOB, RICS, CABE etc.
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other