- Management of a mix of multi-project portfolio ranging from short duration express projects (1- 3 months) and more complex longer duration engineering projects (1-9 months).
- Management of projects through their lifespan in line with best practice project management processes.
- Liaison with all relevant internal and external stakeholders to manage expectations and communicate status.
- Negotiation and capture of project technical and cost variations whether arising from the customer's requirements or internally originated.
- Management of project requirement changes and scope creep with customer approval received for change management and invoicing accurately and on time.
- Maintenance of overall project expenditure within budget, reporting on costs and resources consumed to date on a regular basis.
- Creation and management of project related documentation throughout the project life cycle.
Project Reporting, Analysis and Risk Management:
- Regular reporting of project status and progress updates to all relevant stakeholders.
- Maintaining and developing customer relationships with regular project updates to keep customers informed on all aspects of project status.
- Daily stand-up visual management meetings for team reporting of task progress and priority.
- Maintaining, tracking and reporting of project related KPIs with traffic light escalation as appropriate.
- Analysis of projects with lessons learnt and improvement actions, engagement with quality team.
- Risk management identifying, sizing, reporting, monitoring, and mitigating as appropriate.
- Management of projects actions, issues and risk register.
Project Resource Estimating/Planning:
- Contribution with technical and engineering resource requirements for business planning and budgeting.
- Preparation and presentation of project status data to enable allocation and prioritisation of resources in conjunction with business stakeholders.
- Liaison and negotiation with business stakeholders for the allocation of budget approved resources to projects.
- Maintain a common understanding across all cross-functional stakeholders of deliverable expectations from allocated tasks and delivery dates.
- Monitoring and escalating of resource and capacity risks and issues to reporting manager and participate in defining mitigating actions as required.
- Management and monitoring of resource skills gaps/risks with mitigating training or recruitment.
Project Processes, Management & Continuous Improvement:
- Maintain process and practice consistency with appropriate review and refresh of BMS processes, work instructions, templates and tools.
- Participation in the review, creation and improvement of best practice project management processes and associated procedures and tool sets.
- Active participation in continuous improvement of the project management function.
- Adopt company key business objectives, core & brand values, culture and behaviours.
- Meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the role.
- Alignment and adherence to the company principles of business.
- Undertake self development to continuously improve knowledge and skill set for the role.
- Maintain a high standard of personal professional behaviour with colleagues, and all other stakeholders.
- Adhere to the BMS (Business Management System) framework of Processes, Work Instructions, policies and all other associated documents.
- Be a team player with appropriate levels of communication with all team members.
- Provide complete information on time as required by relevant reporting structures.
- Plan work and make the best use of time on appropriate role based activities.
- Continually strive to find better, faster and more efficient ways to conduct your role.
- Energise the company, as an internal Ambassador of your department with a can do attitude and promote through personal example, speed, efficiency, a determination to meet or exceed customer expectations and open, inclusive, positive discussion.
KPI: Situational Review Points
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of project managing a variety of electro-mechanical and / or computer hardware products.
- Can demonstrate successful management of multiple concurrent projects to time, cost and budget ranging from short duration express projects to longer more complex projects.
- Experience of working in a matrix structure and negotiating with other department managers for required resource to complete projects.
- Experience of delegating task and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Experienced in liaising with customers, 3rd parties, suppliers and key stakeholders to ensure the efficient and effectively communication and delivery of key project milestones.
- Experienced in working with BOMs and ERP systems.
- Skilled in Microsoft Project (or similar tool), Gantt charting, task and resource planning. Skilled in identifying key dependencies, critical paths, and constraints.
- Skilled in tracking costs to project budget, forecast cost to completion and monitor margins.
- Skilled in principles and best practices of project management and to engage with multidisciplinary teams.
- Skilled at working closely and collaboratively across the organisation, to ensure stakeholders have a clear understanding of the project timescales, goals and their deliverables.
- Skilled in using MS Office general products
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other