Working for a well known retail company, you will be a deputy, a second in command to help support a growing team of Developers both in the UK and Europe. They have a growing team of offshore developers as well as an onshore team in Yeovil, so need someone to give them what they need by supporting and coaching them which you'll be able to do with your in depth knowledge and experience. They need servant leadership, your role is to support them and help them to be the best they can be. They are the superstars, we are but the roadies and promoters! They need both individual support and higher-level support with project unblocking and supervising day to day.
You will work as part of a large business, so you will be getting involved and making a difference across the estate not just our site.
Sometimes, you might need to code.
Sometimes, you might need to help communicate.
Sometimes, you might need to work some magic.
Sometimes, you might have to do some routine admin.
- Agile methodologies, Scrum, XP
- Clean Code, TDD, Design patterns
- Team leadership or line management
- Development software experience in commercial organisation
- Logic and structured approach to problem solving
- Customer facing development experience
- Modern software principles and practices, MACH, DevOPs, CI/CD
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Great at context switching
These roles are to start asap.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other