Exciting opportunity for a Junior Buyer from an engineering/manufacturing background to join a worldwide brand based in Alton.
Responsibilities of the Junior Buyer:
- Receive, check, and process requisitions and MRP generated requirements subject to required approvals.
- Ensure internal works orders are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner.
- Compare costs and evaluate the quality and suitability of suppliers, supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Management of and communication with vendors; staying informed of new products, market conditions and trends.
- Help develop and maintain a framework of suitably qualified vendors, to support our material, facility, and business needs in close conjunction with the Quality Manager and with any technical input as required.
- Maintain material availability data and feed into the production schedule, in conjunction with Production Manager and Master Planner to enable accurate production planning.
- Support the Buyer and sales team with accurate estimates for materials and deliveries to assist the bid & tender process on request.
- Assist with stock control tasks, interim count analysis and data entry. Reporting summary data to the wider Operations and Finance departments.
- Keep up to date with progress on orders to ensure timely delivery ensuring delivery times are updated and confirmed in the MRP system.
- Ensure Purchasing procedures are followed, developed, and maintained.
- Strive for continuous improvement of the purchasing function.
Qualifications/Experience of the Junior Buyer:
- Previous procurement experience is advantageous but training will be given.
- A background in mechanical or electrical engineering would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of office procedures and computerised order management systems - will be beneficial but is not essential as training will be given.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with an organised approach to work.
- Experience in working under pressure to tight deadlines with a meticulous eye for detail.
- A Level standard education / CIPS advantageous.
If you are interested in the Junior Buyer role click apply now
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
HND/HNC or equivalent