HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) along with Revenue & Customs Digital Technology Services (RCDTS) are embarking on an ambitious and exciting digital transformation programme which will result in HMRC becoming one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
Revenue and Customs Digital Technology Services exists to support and deliver the HMRC digital vision.
Working with Chief Digital and Information Officer group, RCDTS is integral to managing and innovating digital and technology services for one of the largest customer bases in the world.
We work with HMRC to help deliver key priorities and provide managed information technology services, which directly contribute to the support and running of HMRC.
This role sits within the Case Management Delivery Group (CMDG) who deliver reliable, secure and supportable IT Products with a focus on case and content management solutions.
We embrace the latest technology to ensure our products are fully cloud native. AWS, Azure, Terraform, Packer, Jenkins, Nexus, Gitlab, Ansible, Selenium, Sonar Qube, Dynatrace, AppDynamics and ServiceNow are just some of the tools and technologies we already use, and we are growing our capability to offer services that use graph databases, Kubernetes and blockchain exploitation.
We have Product Teams based in Telford, Newcastle and Bristol where we encourage all staff to take up opportunities to learn new skills and grow their careers.
As part of the ‘virtual’ Bristol Delivery Hub you will work on emerging technology solutions delivering real business value to HMRC’s compliance teams.
You will have the opportunity to learn new, cutting edge skills, as listed above, as well as collaborating with other government departments and, often, overseas agencies. If you have an appetite to learn, and the desire to make a change, you will fit right in.
Workspace not a workplace
We have embraced a hybrid model for our future ways of working which ensures that we put our colleagues first. We have adopted a flexible working pattern that enables us to get the best from you and allows you to strike the ideal work/life balance. Geolocation is not the most important factor for us in Bristol as we only utilise the workspace when it is really needed. Your attendance in the office will consist of collaboration events/sprint ceremonies only, as we know you can focus on your work better when working from home.
Opened in 2019 our delivery hub is within 3, Glass Wharf in Temple Quarter, in the centre of Bristol, which is an up and coming thriving tech hub. Just 2 minutes’ walk from Bristol Temple Meads Railway Station, it is a perfect location for commuting and is beset within a marina area offering a varied selection of restaurants, gyms, bicycle hire and EV charging points within walkable distance.
The building infrastructure includes 7 floors, including a subterranean car park and on-site café facilities. In addition to this there are Mental Health and Physical Wellbeing check in stations throughout, multi-faith prayer rooms, including changing/washing facilities and balconies on every floor allowing outside/in breakout areas for both work and play.
- Design, code, test, correct, and document complex solutions scripts from agreed specifications and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools.
- Collaborate in reviews of specifications with key business partners.
- Define the integration build and produce a build definition for generation of the software.
- Accept software modules from developers, and produce software builds for loading onto the target hardware from source code.
- Configure the hardware environment, producing integration test specifications, conducting tests and recording details of any failures.
- Carry out and report fault diagnosis.
- Interpret and execute test scripts using agreed methods and standards, recording and reporting outcomes.
- Checks test results, document test failures and successes in accordance with agreed standards.
- Deploying, supporting and patching public, cloud-based applications that are repeatable, scalable, resilient and highly available (including APIs and microservices)
- Experience of modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by other specialists
- Deploying scalable and highly available, transactional HTTP services including APIs
- Familiar with Atlassian Tool Suite: JIRA (epic, story, bug, task tracking), Confluence
Ideally you will also have knowledge, experience and exposure to:
- Working in an Agile environment
- GraphQL, React, Apollo and graph databases, such as NEO4j.
- Configuration management software like Terraform or Ansible and scripting languages like BASH, Perl, Python.
- Docker, Kubernetes and container orchestration
- Blockchain technology
- Document Management systems such as Documentum
- Installing and configuring monitoring tools such as AppDynamics and Dynatrace
- O365 apps such as PowerBi, PowerApps and Flow
As part of the role you will be expected to perform some out-of-hours support, scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours. This will be undertaken as part of a rota.
If you do not already hold valid SC clearance, there may need to be a willingness to undertake the process in the future.
As part of the recruitment process you will need to confirm you have the right to work in the UK.
Closing date for applications is 12pm Friday 18th June
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet