To manufacture details, sub-assemblies & major assemblies. Install and test aircraft systems following training. With main activities including, but not be limited to:
- Manufacture details to drawing
- Work to Aircraft publications & technical instructions
- Assemble details into aircraft sub-assemblies
- Modify/repair aircraft cable assemblies
- Assemble connectors to aircraft cable assemblies
- Install main route looms to aircraft
- Install all electrical aircraft hardware to aircraft structure, cabinet and consoles
- Remove cable assemblies and hardware to facilitate aircraft repairs
- Adjust the fit of cable fairleads so aircraft assemblies are protected from structure
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Apprenticeship and relevant academic qualifications (i.e. NVQ, C&G, etc) - alternatively those without an apprenticeship but who have served in the UK MOD (Army/Navy/Marines/RAF) can be considered, subject to rank upon leaving. Proof of all certificates by be provided for application to be progressed. Unfortunately those who do not meet this criteria, or do not hold their certificates anymore, cannot be considered.
- Ideal candidate would have previous rotary-wing/helicopter experience, but this is not essential. However experience with electrical/avionic systems is a must.
- Familiar in use of assembly drawings, Build book, form boards, serial numbers, breakdown procedures, work instructions, concessions, MDRs.
- Experience operating within a helicopter manufacturing environment is desirable but not essential.
- Double Day Shift: Earlies: 06:00-14:00 (Mon-Thu); 06:00-12:00 (Fri) | Lates: 14:00-22:00 (Mon-Thu); 12:00-18:00 (Fri)
- As this role has been deemed inside IR35, only PAYE or Umbrella contracts will be available. Full break down of rates below:
The rates quoted is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate paid to the Umbrella company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via different payment vehicles.
Core Days (only for training):
Standard Overtime (Mon-Fri & 0-5 Hours Weekend):
Weekend Overtime (+5 Hours):
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other