Our client in Oxfordshire is a market leader in their field and they are looking to bring in an experience Continuous Improvement/Industrial Engineer in a permanent position.
You will be working directly under the Operations Director and will be tasked with improving efficiency as well as cost reduction.
- Degree level qualified in Industrial or other Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean, value stream mapping etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge of implementing lean manufacturing/continuous improvement improvements in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable track record of Visual Factory implementation
- Ability to work under own initiative to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to influence others and drive positive change. Strong presentation skills and comfortable 'sellling' ideas at all levels
- A 'completer-finisher' taking accountability for ideas from inception to delivery, in an environment that requires robust metrics to confirm success.
- Work closely with all factory stakeholders to continually improve production efficiency by deploying Visual Factory and Lean Principles
- Supports all material handling improvements (Kanban, 2 bin etc) and production planning improvements (T Card, push/pull philosophy etc)
- Balance and optimise line and operator work patterns as volumes flex up and down in the factory. Document and train operators for all scenarios
- Champion Kaizen events ensuring that production associates can fully contribute to generating and implementing improvement ideas.
- Develop and measure KPI's, map the value stream, develop a plan for implementing improvements and monitoring the new process
- design production layouts and processes with the purpose of increasing productivity, eliminating wastefulness, reducing costs, and ensuring quality standards are maintained.
- Provide training and communication for all changes and improvements.
- Contribute to the 5S initiatives to ensure that improvements are sustained and entrenched within the business.
- Any other duties as required.
- Salary up to £50,000
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other