DT Technician for secondary school in September
You will be expected to offer guidance with limited instruction, assist teachers, other technicians or support staff in the preparation and maintenance of teaching resources and equipment for pupils in a particular subject area. When requested, work in class to support individual students or groups of student in the workshop.
- Prepare and set up specific curriculum resources / materials / equipment for lessons, as directed by the class teacher or other technician
- Ensure the safe and secure storage of allocated resources / materials / equipment to prevent unauthorised access / misuse
- Clean and undertake routine maintenance of equipment as needed to ensure it is clean and in good working order. Record results and report any problems
- Update records, including production of reports and analysis of information as appropriate
- Monitor stock levels and prepare orders for materials. Identify cheapest source of supply to keep departmental running costs low.
Individuals in this role may also:
- Ensure the adherence to health and safety regulations by technical support staff within the school
- Provide clerical and administrative support to the classroom teacher as directed
- Order resources as instructed
- Ensure the safe treatment and disposal of used materials, including hazardous substances, and respond to actual or potential hazards.
Post holders may have some specialist knowledge or experience in a technical area
This profile would be applicable for technicians working across the Design and Technology Curriculum (timbers, polymers, CAD/CAM, electronics, textiles).
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within an excellent school.
Vida education are an experienced team who specialise in placing secondary teachers, primary teachers, cover supervisors, teaching assistants and school admin and clerical staff into positions all across Lancashire.
As you are working with children, safeguarding and child welfare is paramount and an Enhanced DBS is required for the role, this can be discussed further upon application
We look forward to hearing from you very soon.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education