Job Title: Production Engineer
Industry Sector: Electronic Engineering
Location: Southsea, South East Coast
Salary: £35,000 to £37,000 (DOE) + company benefits
We are looking for a Production Engineer to prepare and provide equipment, processes and clear concise product manufacturing documentation to enable the company to manufacture its chosen products within acceptable time scales, quality standards and cost.
Generous company benefits package available.
As a Production Engineer you will have the below duties:
- to provide support & advice to manufacturing with respect to equipment & processes issues encountered while producing company products.
- to advise & recommend suitable manufacturing equipment & processes to produce company products.
- to ensure all production processes are introduced, used and maintained in controlled, documented manner, and are compliant with Quality, Environmental and H&S requirements of the business.
- to produce manufacturing packages for products.
- to use time study methods to assist in optimising manufacturing process's & improve product design for manufacture.
- to work with D.O. and engineering during product design to improve product manufacturability.
- to specify all additional manufacturing aids such as jigs, fixtures, solder screens etc.
- to provide or arrange training for employees so that they are able to operate equipment and processes effectively.
- to pro-actively search for ways to improve existing manufacturing methods to improve quality and output whilst reducing cost.
The successful Production Engineer will have the below experience:
- a good understanding of current manufacturing techniques
- minimum of 7 years working in a production/process engineering environment within the electronics industry
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Ideally you will have a Mechanical or Electronic Engineering degree
If you are interested in this role please click apply or contact Lucy or Lara at Orion Reading today.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
HND/HNC or equivalent