Profectus Recruitment is working with a Global Software company who is recruiting for a Global Media and Analyst Relations Specialist on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Cobham with an element of remote working available.
As the clients Global Media and Analyst Relations Specialist, you will be responsible for positioning and driving awareness for the company in line with the strategic direction of the business, and to support the various regions in executing media relations to support these global objectives and regional priorities. You will be a proactive, strategically aware and will drive forward significant projects that must be delivered to achieve these goals in a high pressure fast-changing environment working with PR/AR colleagues as well as external agencies.
This role requires a mix of analyst relations, media relations and management skills and a passion for creative integrated marketing as part of the global marketing communications team. You will be focused on driving strategic growth through effective planning and execution of projects including analyst relations, thought leadership, customer references, expert commentary and news with mass media, business, technology, industry verticals and important specialist trade media. The role will be both extremely varied and challenging – with a primary focus on the planning, management and execution of performance-based projects and programmes.
Key Responsibilities + Skills;
- Analyst relations: Support / manage vendor briefings, hosting and managing interactions with analysts and senior stakeholders to build strong relationships. Experience in high-tech enterprise technology industries is ideal.
- Media relations: Drive proactive media programme, engaging directly with global media and supporting regional teams. This will require strong understanding trade and experience of mainstream media. The candidate be media -aware and will invest in understanding a diverse media landscape from their agenda to their needs.
- Writing: Brief, and also write, high quality media-ready content, interviewing experts or customers to develop compelling narratives that contextualise technology communicating its value for media. This will involve editing global / 3rd party content in accordance with positioning, accuracy and media readiness.
- PR project management: Plan and execute support for corporate news, product launches, considering the communications objectives, audience mapping working with stakeholders and PR and marketing managers within the team. Coordinate with team and agencies and manage from brief to results.
- Influencer relations: Approach all communications projects holistically, identifying opportunities to engage with all relevant tiers of media, analysts and non-media influencers working in close collaboration with social media colleagues to achieve maximum influence and impact.
- Integrated campaign activation: Help to develop and augment integrated marketing campaigns, working in close collaboration with PR and marketing managers to define and execute media and analyst relations from concept to launch employing digital marketing and content strategies.
- Writing and editing materials for media.
- Maintaining global relationships and intelligence, and proactively engaging to support programme and projects objectives.
- Preparing, hosting and following through briefings.
- Maintaining effective media monitoring and awareness of topics, trends and opportunities.
- Support management in maintaining regular reporting and KPIs.
- Supporting global teams to execute high quality media relations, from sourcing content to supporting planning and execution.
- What you should have
- 5+ years of hands-on B2B PR, at agency or in-house.
- A passion for technology and the ability to understand and communicate with a broad audience.
- Experience of industry analyst relations
- A good understanding of marketing and the role of external communications
- Experience working in a global environment, with global media
- Experience working with senior executives
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to adapt to several content types and styles as required
- Experience in the development and execution of creative PR and / or marketing campaigns
- Experience of project management and campaign delivery, including experience of managing external agencies or suppliers
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong reporting and analytical capabilities
- Flexibility with working hours to accommodate calls suited to multiple time zones
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
bonus, pension, holiday
- Industry Sector Media, New Media, Creative
'A' level/Higher or equivalent