our client is looking for an experienced Project Manger-New Financial System to work on a 35 hour per week to start on the 13-11-17 until the 09-11-18 with a likely extension
Hours: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday
To plan and lead the implementation of the newly procured Financial Management System solution and associated system configuration, change management, user training and business process re-engineering work required as part of this, successfully managing the project to time and budget and ensuring all agreed benefits are realised.
To develop, agree and manage the project resource schedule, including managing the project budget (c. £0.8 million excluding internal resources), the Implementation Project Team (both virtual and direct reports) and related external resources.
To manage the (relationship with the) system supplier, ensuring that the solution is delivered and implemented in line with the contract the agreed implementation plan and fully meets agreed organisational requirements.
To design and secure agreement on the service delivery model for the organisation and ensure that adequate arrangements and systems are in place to support the effective working of the solution in the longer term as part of the routine business of the organisation, including a prioritised plan and resources for expansion of the solution or suitable alternative system functionality across the Client
- Degree or equivalent experience in IT/ICT
- ITIL or equivalent experience
- Prince II/Agile or equivalent experience
- Experience of successfully delivering complex IT implementation projects.
- Experience of successfully implementing financial systems technology (including workflow) in a complex and diverse business environment (e.g. local government).
- Experience of delivering IT enabled change in a project involving a large and diverse service user base.
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary project teams and suppliers to achieve successful project delivery
- Experience of managing resources, finances and performance expectations effectively in order to drive business and service performance, accepting personal accountability for results.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong project management skills demonstrated in the successful delivery of a number of large, complex projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of how risk, issue, benefits and interdependency management are delivered within a project environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the complex inter-relationships of IT services and products delivered and the tools, methods, procedures, equipment and software used in the operation and management of IT services.
- Excellent knowledge of the technical performance of related IT products and the interworking of hardware, software and network system components.
- Excellent knowledge of the methods and techniques for eliciting, analysing and interpreting user needs and generating user requirements
- Business process development and re-engineering
- Proven track record in designing, developing and implementing effective organisation-wide metadata and taxonomy standards.
- Excellent numeracy and well-developed analytical skills to steer business process change, benefits realisation and budget management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with elected Members, partners and colleagues at all levels; tact, diplomacy and resilience
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills, both orally and in writing
- An understanding of diversity and achievement of equality of opportunity in both employment and access to service delivery to prevent discrimination