We are seeking a CNC Grinder, Setter/Operator, to increase our capability/capacity due to increased expansion and growing order book, within the businesses High Performance Transmission Products division. Duties to include:
- Programme Set and Operate, Studer CNC Grinder. Manual grinding experience would be advantageous.
- Programming of Fanuc 16T control and Studer Picto programming software.
- Grinding of aerospace and transmission components to ensure parts are to drawing and of an acceptable standard. Qualified to a respectable Level.
- Use of various inspection equipment, to determine size and surface finish.
- Manual grinding as and when required cylindrical, internal/external and surface grinding.
- Must be vigilant and diligent, with a good attention to detail, and able to maintain high standards of work.
- To understand and interpret requirements accurately, by effective questioning, listening, clarification and implementing of information.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) in order to liaise with colleagues.
- Use of literacy skills to complete route cards, records, etc.
- To have basic PC skills to ensure electronic system is kept up to date.
- An industrious and enquiring individual working alone or as part of a team, without direct supervision
- A willingness to learn new skills and advance their potential to becoming a competent and flexible member of the manufacturing team, and progress continuous improvement.
- Proven experience within a grinding environment.
- Good knowledge of grinding wheel grades, types, and cutting data.
- Having completed a formal Apprenticeship is preferred however significant industry experience may be considered instead.
We are looking for one person to work the weekday night shift and one to work weekend nights. Breakdown of hours below:
- Weekday Nights (19:45 - 05:30, Monday to Thursday)
- Weekend Nights (18:00 - 06:00, Friday to Sunday)
Both of these roles are deemed inside IR35 therefore only PAYE or Umbrella contracts available at the following rates. These rates include shift allowance for each shift:
- Weekday Nights: £18.61 PAYE plus holiday or £25.00 UMB
- Weekend Nights: £20.16 PAYE plus holiday or £27.10 UMB
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other