An exciting opportunity for an experience Service Manager in the South to join my client, an industry leader within the lift, stairlift & escalator field of engineering.
The company is a manufacturer of lifts, stairlifts, cranes and hoists, founded in 1867 and still operating as a close-knit, family style business. They offer great career progression, competitive basic salaries and a fantastic package of benefits and company perks.
The role for the Service Manager will involve:
- Managing the field workforce in the areas of health & safety, quality, productivity and customer service.
- Developing and maintaining an appropriate level of technical knowledge of the products on the maintenance portfolio.
- Ensuring that the field repair and service team have the necessary technical knowledge.
- Identifying the training needs for yourself and the teams and that you ensure that these needs are fulfilled.
- Ensuring the effectiveness of Personal Focus and Performance Reviews, as an aid to this.
- Reviewing any product related information, such as PDN’s, Safety Notices, Retrofit Instructions etc. and ensure that these are communicated to the team effectively and that they are complied with.
- Ensuring that your team contributes to the achievement of budgets and business objectives.
- Develop, agree and implement plans to address matters of issues, risks and opportunities which might impact on the business
- Managing the organisation and procurement of sub-contract labour.
The successful individual for the role of the Service Manager will have:
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NVQ 3/NVQ 4 in Lift Engineering
- Previous experience in a management or supervisory based role within the lift, escalator or stairlift industry.
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- A share in company earnings.
- Childcare Voucher
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 25 Days Annual Leave & Bank Holidays
- Excellent training and progression plan scheme
If you feel you have the appropriate skills and experience, and would be interested in an opportunity within a great, industry leader, please apply below.