Residential Support Workers & Shift Leaders
£23,295 - £28,477 Plus Sleep Ins (Dependent on qualifications and experience)
Our Client is a residential service for children and young people aged 8-18 years who display emotional and challenging behaviours. They’re passionate about the provision of creative and ambitious opportunities for the young people in their care to recover and develop a sense of hope and aspiration where previously there was little. Over half of their homes have been assessed as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted which is testament to the work they do.
There are a number of Residential Support Worker & Shift Leader positions available due to the growth of the company. This is a great opportunity to get on board early, join the team and help shape the new service in this region. The right individual will need to have a strong personality and be enthusiastic and passionate about providing a high standard of quality care which meets a young persons needs. Are you a committed individual who starts every day with a fresh outlook wanting to make a real difference?
The main responsibilities:
- Play a significant role in the establishment, maintenance and development of the environment and climate of the home
- Ensure the safeguarding of the young people living in the home
- Participate in the day-to-day running of the home
- Establish positive relationships with young people based on confidence, trust, understanding and mutual respect and help increase their self-confidence and self-worth
- Partake in the staff rota system to ensure adequate staff are available at all times
- Promote the active participation of children and young people in the decision making process affecting their lives, including positive family contact and acting as an Advocate on their behalf where necessary
Essential Job Requirements:
- Residential Support Worker – you must have relevant experience supporting Young People
- Shift Lead - you must hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (or equivalent)
- Must hold a current valid Full UK Driving Licence for both positions
- Residential Support Worker - £23,295 - £25,051 Plus Sleep Ins
- Shift Leaders - £25,511 - £28,477 Plus Sleep Ins
Shifts / Hours:
- 40 hour contract
- Shifts include a combination of earlies, lates and long days
- A typical weekly pattern would be 2 x 15 hour shifts, 1 x 10 hour shift and a Sleep In
If this vacancy is of interest to you please forward an up to date copy of your CV via the APPLY button or where directed. We look forward to hearing from you.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Social Services