Paterson Recruitment are working with a progressive business events company, who are looking for an ambitious and hardworking individual to join their team as a Business Development Executive.
In this role, you will work closely with key decision makers and senior level management in leading global life science companies to aid in their business goals and focuses through telephone, email, virtual and face to face meetings (international travel required).
Whilst no scientific qualifications are required, applicants would be expected to show a strong desire to succeed in a sales environment and should be able to network and client-manage effectively.
This role provides a great opportunity for career development in a fast growing company with
potential to accelerate within product or team management responsibilities.
- Selling virtual and face-to-face event sponsorship opportunities to solution provider
- companies worldwide, helping with their marketing, brand exposure and business
- enhancing goals
- Network on the phone, Microsoft meetings and account manage existing sponsors
- Handle objections and negotiate and close deals with new and existing sponsors
- Write proposals and persuasive invitations
- On-site event management at in-person– assisting clients in the exhibition area, collecting
- feedback, and supporting the operations manager in all aspects of the event (international
- travel is required)
- Virtual platform sponsorship management for digital events when applicable
- Research and obtain new contacts both from lead sourcing and contact with clients.
- Manage own customer database, set up diary entries for return calls and report on
- performance and targets on a weekly basis
We are looking for someone with:
- Previous 2 years experience in a B2B sales role
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Confidence and an autonomous approach to their work
- A willingness to learn and contribute to the success of a team
Benefits of this role:
You will receive a basic salary from £22,000-25,000 PA + commission (£10,000+ expected for year 1).
My Client provides excellent remuneration, training, benefits and a long-term career plan. Staff are also provided with annual appraisals, mental health support during our Time to Talk days and annual staff awards to recognise achievements.
Additional benefits include - gym membership, flexible/home working opportunities, regular social
events, increment of holiday during employment.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
£10,000+ expected for year 1
- Industry Sector Sales