Senior Design Manager
Location: Royal borough of Kensington and Chelsea
Project: Super prime residential £100m
Salary: highly competitive
The client is a successful main contractor who specialise in the high end residential and 5-star hotel market in London and the southeast. They boast an annual turnover in excess of £250m.
We are looking for a Senior Design Manager who has been working with a main contractor on London based new build residential projects.
This role is to lead a super prime residential project with a retained façade and RC frame consisting of 50 apartments and associated leisure facilities for residents. You will have experience of working on RC Frame projects previously in the residential sector. You will need to able lead meetings with external design teams and ensure that they are delivering design on time, within budget and at the desired quality. Experience of working on super prime residential projects, RC frame projects and new build projects in the £30m plus range is essential.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Understand the clients brief, ER’s, specification & drawings; assist if any ER discrepancies arise
- Prepare trackers to manage the full D&B build process using the pro-formas from the Intranet
- Develop the Design Risk Assessment (DRA) and assist in the ongoing Technical Audits
- Produce the information release schedule (IRS) Building and MEP using ACL pro-forma docs and formally agree it with the Design Team
- Assist in the development of the procurement schedule
- Chair & manage design team meetings including production & issue minutes
- Provide value engineering and buildability reviews with technical feedback to the project team
- Manage and track the design development process
- Understand the full requirements of BREEAM & manage the process through our appointed consultants looking for best value design to economically meet code compliance to meet the timer constraints of the project
- Develop sub-contractors and Suppliers design/specs with the design team ensuring that full ER and Statutory compliance is met
- Ensure Design Team comply with Planning Consent & Building Regulations
- Co-ordinate drawings and check that the drawings comply with the ER’s and Standards
- Direct the sampling process including the production of the samples sign off pro-forma
The Plus Points
This is a great opportunity to further your career with this leading main contractor and work in a stable environment. Long term career prospects are on offer for the successful applicant along with a generous remuneration
You have to be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Construction
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)