Stock control - Goods In
- To ensure stock record accuracy is maintained (quantity and location)
- To ensure that materials are stored and handled safely and reliably
- To ensure timely replenishment of the two bin storage system
- To ensure timely delivery of materials to point of use as required
- To receive materials delivered to goods inwards from couriers
- To raise GRN's
- To pass received materials to goods in inspection
- Cleaning activities within the work area as required
- To book materials in to stock
- To book materials out of stores
- To ensure receipt of chemicals in line with established H&S / COSHH requirements
- To ensure all Goods In activities adhere to established Export and Compliance requirements
Shipping - Goods Out
- To ensure shipping accuracy is maintained for each individual customer shipment
- To ensure each shipment is packed accurately and efficiently in order to meet set collection times
- To ensure communication lines between all the relevant departments is clear and effective
- To be flexible in adjusting to customer requirements as and when required
- To maintain Quality control of all labelling and box requirements
To ensure all couriers can effectively collect shipments each day
· Previous experience in a stores role
· Diligence and attention to detail
· Knowledge of Database systems
· Basic computer skills - Outlook, Excel etc.
· Numeracy and accuracy skills
· Good communication skills
· Flexibility and resourcefulness, ability to adapt
- Formal qualification in related role
- Export & Compliance experience
- Shipping / Dispatch experience
These are the minimum standards we expect from the holder of this job description to display in their role
· Core skills for each work area
· Job specific Work Instructions and Test Procedures for each team member
· Manufacturing related quality procedures, inc MRB, SWR, RMA,
· Core IT Skills, Outlook, Filemaker
· Awareness of procedures
The Stores Person should be a strong team player, working closely with their peers to achieve a common goal. They should be flexible with their working hours and adaptable in the tasks that they do depending on the levels of workload and needs of the business. They should be able to work independently without too much direction and take responsibility for decisions made. The Stores Person should have a strong awareness of the organisation and endeavour to behave with integrity at all times.
All employees are expected to strive to meet the company values of Excellence, Energy, Contribution, Integrity and Innovation.
Individual behaviours that we expect the holder of this job description to display in their role
· Actively listens to new ideas and demonstrates willingness to try out new ideas.
· Knows where to go and what questions to ask to access the right information.
· Regularly makes positive contributions that improve working practices.
· Demonstrates awareness of different ways of work; offers workable solutions and makes suggestions for improvements within their own area of work.
· Is trustworthy and accepts responsibility for own actions.
· Completes tasks to a high standard according to guidelines, policies, procedures or advised by others.
· Takes responsibility for own actions and works effectively with minimal supervision.
· Has a positive approach to work, working flexibly, willingly and in co-operation with others.
· Takes the initiative to solve day-to-day problems in own area of work.
· Basic numeracy skills
· Understands own role and responsibilities as well as the roles and responsibilities of others.
· Accepts change and is positive in adopting improved working methods.
· Works well under time pressures
· Recognises when to ask for advice and when to inform others.
· Demonstrates readiness to learn more and develop own performance.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other