The key responsibilities for this role include to assure the quality of the articles and services purchased while maintaining supplier compliance to all the site's requirements. The contractor will be responsible for promoting best practices and continuous improvements among suppliers through effective investigation, evaluation, and feedback of supplier compliance issues
This position will be based both on site and from home.
The ideal candidate will have the majority if not all of the following:
* Aerospace experience of working with Quality Standards AS9100D / AS9102
* Proven experience with quality and continuous improvement tools (Process FMEA, Risk analysis, Causal analysis, 8D, SPC etc.)
* Ability to propose detailed objectives and execute monitoring plans.
* Proficient in use of MS Office software and SAP
* Strong technical background in manufacturing, ideally aerospace or automotive.
* Solid understanding of a variety of quality measurement equipment, Micrometer, Vernier's, Shadowgraph, CMM etc.
* Management and Investigation of supplier non-conformance's and manage supplier through containment, root cause investigation, preventative actions and verified closure in a timely manner.
* Manage all supplier non-conformities through the sites SP2 system capturing supplier responses, 5 Why and 8D evidence.
* Ensure suppliers are compliant and qualified to meet the current versions of the sites quality requirements using the maturity / process audits and Compliance Matrices.
* Plan and implement the appropriate monitoring actions at the supplier's (system, products, processes and industrialisation) as and when necessary.
* Ensure corrective and preventive actions have been effectively implemented internally at the supplier.
* Approve supplier waiver requests and mitigate risks between supplier and manufacturing engineering.
* Work closely with Supplier Performance Management (SPM) team to ensure identified systemic quality issues are reflected in appropriate risk analysis, supplier improvement plans and appropriate surveillance levels agreed and maintained.
* Quality representative responsible for ensuring that all new/ potential suppliers are assessed against the relevant selection procedures and fully meet the standards required by the site.
* Ensure that new/potential suppliers have the necessary skills and measuring equipment competencies to provide the site with conforming products.
* Provide the necessary data to enable passing on non-quality costs to the suppliers.
* Represent supplier quality assurance in investigation reporting of supplier non conformance's i.e. QRQC etc. Industrialisation of Products and Processes
* Ensure the industrialisation process takes place in compliance with the procedures in force, contributing to industrialisation launch, meetings, and formal reviews.
* Resolve any supplier limitations
* Ensure that FAI (First Article Inspection) report elements of the PVI are formally reviewed and that anomalies are resolved with the suppliers in a timely manner.
* Represent quality in the industrial validation process (PVI) that ends with the Final Article Inspection.
There maybe some travel involved in this role.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other