Project Engineering Manager - 6 month contract - Portsmouth - £65ph UMB or £50.58 ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
SC Only No ITAR (cannot start on BPSS)
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC and you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
The PEM (Project Engineering Management) is responsible for ensuring that the service that's delivered to their project(s) is safe and delivers an optimised engineering product. To achieve this, the PEM is deployed in as the Engineering Authority in their project(s) supported by a team of capable Project Engineers (PEMs in training) and Liaison Engineers (experienced trade based engineers and designers).
- Previous experience in a technical authority role (governance, safety, acceptance);
- Experience in equipment integration;
- V&V strategies and documentation required;
- Appreciation of engineering lifecycle management (risk, integration, configuration management, reviews - CDR/PDR/FAT/LCM, concept to disposal);
- Experienced senior systems engineer
- Previous experience of engineering management
- Knowledge of information assurance and security
- Product design, development and certification experience
- Understanding of the Core Engineering Processes, Design Review & Technical Bid Review
- Understanding of the role & responsibilities of a Delegated Authority and behaviours required
- Experience in producing design / engineering artefacts e.g. Engineering Management plans, Scope definition, Technical reports, Product Safety plans etc.
- Experience in review of engineering artefacts produced by others
- Experience with the stakeholders management
- Experience in technical risk assessment and risk management
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other