We are currently recruiting for a full time management accountant on behalf of our client to form an integral part of their Finance team, and supporting them to provide an excellent Finance service to all stakeholders.
- Perform the role of finance business partner to operations contract leadership for specific contracts, responsible for all aspects of financial support and advice
- Work closely with operations contract leadership to deliver the requirements of the Budget Monitoring Process, providing analysis and challenge to assumptions to deliver budgeting accuracy
- Work closely with operations leadership to drive financial awareness in operations
- Responsible for the development and deployment of annual budget monitoring models, including communicating change and training users
- Develop financial reporting to enhance the provision of effective financial insight, providing analysis & challenge to the senior leadership team, working closely with the Head of Finance.
- Responsibility for cash reporting and management
- Responsible for calculation and timely submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Defining, documenting and undertaking key finance process improvement projects, including and for example, internal training projects, purchase order and invoicing process, payroll and holiday overtime process and financial modelling. These examples are indicative and not exhaustive.
- Lead the general ledger control process. Including transaction investigations and remedial invoice recoding and journal entry work.
- Responsibility for key control reconciliations.
- Relevant professional qualification or working towards or demonstrable qualification by experience
- Knowledge and experience
- Proven experience in a financial environment / similar or related role
- Skills and abilities
- Good level of IT skills - MS Office, high levels of Excel skills
- Communicates effectively at all levels (excellent verbal and written skills)
- Is customer focussed, responsive, and co-operative with partners
- Good interpersonal skills; works together with employees, colleagues and customers to resolve problems and implement change initiatives
- Is proactive / self-motivated
- Prioritises and meets tight deadlines; good organisational skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision; proactive and self-motivated
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to record and deal with data accurately and effectively
- High level of judgement, tact, discretion and initiative
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in accordance with Data Protection
- Holds a valid driver’s licence and has use of a car with appropriate insurance to allow travel between locations as required.
Knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting Local Government
Experience of producing external and internal publications
Full Time – 37 hours per week
£35k per annum
To apply, please send your CV to Rosie on the email address below or alternatively please call 01235 535858.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Accountancy
'A' level/Higher or equivalent