Matchtech are working alongside a Highways client in East Sussex, and as result we have a live freelance requirement for a Quantity Surveyor.
The Quantity Surveyor position is within our clients DCP recovery team, who are responsible pricing works for repair of damage to Local Authority assets.
The role includes:
- Assessing cost of repairing damage and ensuring that all costs are captured in reporting system.
- Raising invoices to perpetrators and / or their insurers to facilitate recovery.
- Negotiating settlement of these claims with loss adjustors where necessary and providing substantiation for all elements of cost if requested.
- Reporting to management on volume and value of claims handled and recovered.
- Liaising with the Employers commercial team in the event external recovery proves impossible.
Skills / qualifications:
- 5+ years experience, with good written and oral skills, required to enable negotiation with loss adjusters and insurance companies.
- Technically competent and good at working with procedures
- To take responsibility to complete tasks/projects successfully
- Measure results in terms of adding value to the business.
- Exemplify Team working to encourage relations at all levels.
- Collaborate with our client team members and loss adjusters.
Knowledge of CECA Schedule of Day Works is beneficial.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other