The Senior Software Architect will be responsible for the architecture and design of large multi-disciplinary software solutions, and also support Client Managers directly in a pre-sales capacity to develop relationships and solutions that can support future business growth.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for supporting the development of capability within their own technical area.
This senior position will be pivotal to capability development through; involvement with business development activities, supporting account managers in development of customer offerings to address market drivers, identifying opportunities to develop/exploit IP in target proposition space, as well as understanding and documenting the customer's requirements for distribution to engineering team.
Areas of Responsibility/Tasks:
- Define and lead the architecture and delivery of large-scale software engineering projects.
- Work with the leadership team to define and develop the software capability within the business unit.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to junior members of the team.
- Oversee progress of multiple development teams ensuring best coding practices, providing assurance that software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Support the Sales and Campaign functions to develop and foster client relationships and elaborate high level technical requirements.
- Represent the business and its technical solutions and capabilities toward client communities
- Make recommendations to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Writing technical material for competitive bids
Why We Want You
Beyond your technical skills, you will be proactive and able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. You will work well alone or as part of a team. You will be curious and seek out the best approach/solution/tool for the job at hand.
Your broad technical, research and software development background will allow you to rapidly understand new systems and domains, and prototype systems based on your research. As a Senior Software Architect, you will have a degree level qualification in a STEM subject, or you will have an education and level of experience which is comparable.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience as a software architect and developer in multiple languages (C++, C#, Java or Python).
- Experience of cloud architecture in private cloud, and commercial cloud systems (such as AWS, Azure or GCP), and both traditional and cloud-native services.
- Familiarity using Agile delivery methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience of working with in Business Development, and authoring complex bids.
Desirable skills and experience;
- Specialisms in Cloud Security, Infrastructure as Code, Data Science or AI/ML technologies .
- Certification in AWS or Azure.
- Product Owner experience in large Agile projects, with SAFe certification useful.
- Familiarity with systems engineering and enterprise architecture using TOGAF or MODAF.
- Information Security experience or accreditation (e.g. CISSP).
- Knowledge of commercial and contractual frameworks.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other