Our client delivers a range of projects for Water companies, Contractors and Developers. These currently range from Water pipelines and pumping stations in the South East, large Wastewater treatment facilities in Scotland, to utility diversion works on HS2. Their large and diverse water team offer a UK wide, multi-disciplinary, integrated design and management service from feasibility, planning, outline and detailed design through to contract preparation, tendering and construction support.
They are looking to build their design capacity are looking for a Principal Civil Design Engineer. Working closely with the Civil Director, you will provide technical oversight and direction within the design team for the delivery of Water and Wastewater projects, as well as providing Civil design support on a range of multi-disciplinary schemes.
- Ensuring health and safety is a given
- Providing leadership in the delivery of Water and Wastewater design projects.
- Lead the planning and delivery of detailed design and reviewing design submissions to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Setting and maintaining standards for technical quality, ensuring designs meet Client specification.
- Writing and reviewing technical deliverables.
- Management and coordination of resources for design and feasibility projects across the sector.
- Ensuring project financial and programme performance.
- A Civil Engineering degree with extensive design experience.
- Have achieved Chartered status (desirable)
- Demonstrable technical experience in delivery of Water and/or Wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure design and build projects. This may include gravity/pressure pipelines, pumping stations, treatment facilities and RC structures etc.
- Leading multi-disciplinary project teams to deliver projects within agreed scope, timeframes and budgets. Strong ability to work in a team
- Excellent knowledge of the Water industry, including current industry best practice and innovations.
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave.
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for charity partners
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other