Our client is a global facilities management and building services organisation who manage various many successful retail supermarket contract. Due to continued success within a blue-chip contract, they now have the need for an experienced Divisional Health & Safety Manager to join the company and cover a prestigious, well known major UK retail contract.
The successful candidate will be assisting in the management and delivery of an effective Corporate Health and Safety services to ensure the organisation meets its statutory responsibilities and provides safe working environments for employees, clients and those affected by our undertaking across all retail, distribution, and office sites.
- Formulate and develop health and safety systems, procedures, and practice
- Review procedures to accommodate new and existing legislation, Codes of Practice and Guidance, as directed
- Implement and monitor policy and plans, including accident and incident investigations, reporting and analysis, and promote improvements
- Assist and develop audit and risk management procedures appropriate to the full range of the company’s activities and properties.
- To undertake safety audits to monitor the systems and verify audit reports
- Provide advice and assistance to Directors, Senior Managers, Employees on all matters relating to health and safety and where appropriate environmental issues.
- Review health and safety performance of colleagues within various departments of the company.
- Ensure, through the Head of Health and Safety, the Senior Health & Safety Manager and with other senior officers, the effective and efficient implementation of the company’s policies and programmes and that resources are effectively deployed to this end
- All major accident investigations commenced within 1 working day of request.
- Urgent site visit within 24hrs.
- Accident Investigation Reports, written report made available within 7 working days of commencement of investigation.
The candidate will need to have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ideally you will have or be working towards a NEBOSH Diploma and be CMIOSH qualified. A fire and environmental qualification would be advantageous as would an auditing and training certificate.
- The Divisional Health and Safety Manager will have an in-depth knowledge of health and safety legislation and will have extensive experience gained managing health and safety in a FM or similar environment. You will have a proven track record in building relationships at all levels and have experience in change management.
The role requires a high degree of flexibility in working hours, a high degree of mobility and travel throughout nominated area, overnight stays away from home as required and based on workload.
In return our client is offering a great package of between £40-£45K per annum + company benefits including company car / car allowance (£5,700), company pension scheme, BUPA (couple cover), 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + more!
If this role is of interest, please contact Chloe Villis on 07908 811303 or email a copy of your CV to [email protected] to prompt a call back.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities