PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the delivery of the NEC3 term services contract within the Transportation services unit
- Act in a spirit of mutual trust and co-operation with the service provider to ensure the effective delivery of projects
- Manage in a collaborative manner internal and external stakeholders in any aspect of the delivery of projects
- Collect and analysis any relevant performance data with respect to the delivery of projects and works activities.
- The postholder will be able to implement complex highways schemes, managing numerous term contractors and liaising with designers, clients and external partners including Transport for London (TfL).
- The postholder will be able to manage their workload with minimal supervision.
- The postholder will have knowledge and understanding of current Highways and design detail standards.
- Manage any Highways project as directed buy the Contracts Manager
- Manage any Highway Maintenance schemes/work from customer enquiry through to final invoice. Collate and monitor income and expenditure to ensure viability is achieved.
- Work with the service provider to ensure that both the quality/works specification is achieved and budget profiles are on target.
- Able to evaluate highways layouts and demonstrate initiative in the solving of problems.
- Liaise with existing customer base at regular intervals to monitor satisfaction and take any action necessary where their goals are not being achieved.
- The postholder will undertake such courses of study or training as are deemed necessary by the Contracts manager as part of his/her training plan.
- Participate in the quality assurance system, environmental management system and health & safety system, and ensure that accreditation to BS EN ISO 9002,14001 and OHSAS 18001 is maintained.
- Prepare technical, financial and progress reports as directed by the Senior Engineers.
- Attend meetings with all Statutory Undertakers, members of the public, MPs, elected members or any other interested parties for all matters relating to highways maintenance or as directed by the Highway Engineering Manager or his deputy.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally with all stakeholders.
- Participate in all Transportation Service Unit initiatives including best value. Charter Mark, IIP, and the staff appraisal scheme.
- To be responsible for initiation, development, maintenance and regular update of systems and procedures to support and enhance the work of the unit.
- To be responsible for identifying, recommending and implementing improvements that can be made to the level of service provided.
- To be a key focal point of contact in dealing with complex or issues on a regular basis recommending appropriate course of action where appropriate.
- The postholder will undertake any other duties as may be deemed appropriate by the Contract Manager to maintain an efficient and effective service.
- The postholder must at all times carry out her/his duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities and Best Value Policies and incorporating the Council's Core Competencies.
- The post holder is required to take reasonable care for the safety and health of themselves and others who may be affected by their acts; and to work with management to comply with Service/Unit procedures and protocols and with The Council's Health and Safety Policy and all guidance, instructions and risk assessments. In particular the jobholder is required to attend training relevant to their post in order to ensure their health and safety responsibilities are met.
- To understand the value of information to the council and to contribute to good information governance by keeping information safe, accurate and up to date and available to those who need it. Abide by the council's information governance policies.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other