The successful candidate will manage a high-profile multi-million pound initiative aimed at transforming the approach to asset maintenance across our clients' Water and Wastewater networks. The Programme Manager will lead definition of the company's new proactive maintenance strategy and 3rd party development of condition-based task schedules, standard operating procedures and rollout of training to all operators. This in turn will have a significant impact on future asset resilience, positively impacting our clients' customers.
The Programme Manager will have responsibility for all facets of the programme with the aim of delivering its target outcomes to time, quality and budget. The programme is reviewed frequently by the Executive Committee and Board, thereby requiring the Programme Manager to be comfortable operating and presenting at the most senior levels of the organisation.
- Provide senior management sponsorship and leadership of the Asset Maintenance Programme.
- Lead effective and efficient delivery of the programme through a best-practice programme management framework.
- Establish programme governance
- Own the business case and be responsible for overseeing delivery of forecasted benefits (financial & non-financial).
- Ensure risks, issues and dependencies are recorded, monitored and proactively managed / mitigated to minimise disruption to successful delivery.
- Develop scenario analysis to enable evidence-based decision making about risks and opportunities.
- Agree resource plans
- Build effective cross-functional relationships at all levels across the organisation with the ability to successfully work with and influence stakeholders not directly under their control - e.g. supply chain delivery partners.
- Prepare job descriptions and delegate responsibility and authority in accordance with those job descriptions.
- Recruit, train and develop direct reports to meet the changing needs of the programme and wider company.
- Utilise industry networks / connections to positively influence attainment of programme objectives.
- Mentor and coach individuals and teams to ensure effective implementation of the delivery approach.
- Manage and run Steering Groups and input to Programme Review Boards.
- Deliver an effective and timely schedule of project communications, liaising with the relevant internal sponsors and stakeholders.
- Produce papers, presentations and updates for Programme Review Boards, the Executive Leadership Team
- A track record of programme management within complex delivery environments (ideally infrastructure), along with experience across a range of functions.
- Excellent people leadership and management competencies, particularly in a matrix structure.
- A strategic thinker with significant commercial and financial acumen.
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- An effective communicator, both orally and through written presentations.
- Experience of working in an asset maintenance environment.
- An understanding of regulated utility environments.
- University degree (under and / or postgraduate); an engineering degree would be advantageous
- Project / programme management qualifications: (PRINCE 2, APM etc)
- Significant experience of infrastructure programme management.
- Water industry knowledge.
- Salary of up to £85k depending on experience
- £400 a month car allowance
- Potential for a flexible working agreement so the ideal candidate need not be local
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent company pension
- Discretionary management bonus scheme
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other