Senior Commercial Officer - 6 month contract - Portsmouth - £29.78ph UMB or £23.53ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.
Works as a member of the Engineering Services team to provide Commercial services and support to meet the operational needs of line management within a defined business unit or functional area. Reporting to the Engineering Services Senior Commercial Manager, the delivery of this service will typically be as a member of a Commercial team.
The role requires a good and broad professional knowledge and understanding of Commercial principles, techniques and practices, including an understanding of the impact and implications of decisions made.
The Senior Commercial Officer, as a member of the Commercial team and community within a business / function, will deploy corporate Commercial processes in line with local or business requirements.
- Management and administration of bids and contracts into the UK Ministry of Defence and internal customers
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Manager by taking responsibility for the preparation of quotations and proposals
- Developing and managing the commercial relationship with the customer on all support aspects of the T26 project (Note: Customers and partners are internal and external)
- Active participation in the Business Winning Capture Team, including contributing to the development of commercial proposals for potential business, including Contract Changes and the commercial review of the full suite of proposal documents
- Support to Supply Chain in the preparation of sub-contract terms and conditions as required
- Negotiation of proposals with potential customers and ensuring that this results in acceptable business agreements and contracts
- Generation of suitable NDA and teaming agreements in accordance with policy
- Qualified to Degree standard or equivalent
- Has practical and relevant comprehensive work experience
- Good and broad professional knowledge of Commercial principles, techniques and practices and understands how Commercial roles fit in the organisation as a whole
- Works on own initiative with responsibility for delivery
- Works as part of Commercial team
- Works with limited supervision, helps define own objectives
- Has developed a general Commercial knowledge
- Has developed a basic level of business acumen in terms of wider business
- Basic understanding of how area integrates with the Sub Function within Commercial .
- Continuing to develop knowledge of Maritime Services and how this relates to the wider BAE Systems
- Knowledge of UK Defence Sector - recognise key players in market
- Ability to identify business impacts associated with Contract Changes and takes the appropriate action(s) to mitigate
- May have a small team - will allocate work, check on accuracy, completion and complete PDRS.
- Manages own workload
- Understanding of the impact and implications of decisions made
- Making evaluative judgements and creating solutions using attention to detail
- Use technical/previous experience to help make judgements
Nature of impact:
- Direct impact on self and others as preparing packs and information/services therefore there is a need for these to be accurate and complete
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential, deliver in timely manner
- Role involves regular exchange of information with internal and external customers
- Ability to form professional and mutually beneficial working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders (including cross-BU commercial teams)
- Ability to handle difficult people and brief senior stakeholders across the project
- Prioritising workload and communicating this to customers when required
- The Senior Commercial Officer will work with other functional representatives and/or customers/suppliers to meet the operational needs of line management and the business
- Must have good communication skills together with the ability to relate challenging scenarios to customers and suppliers (both internal and external to the business)
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other