Based in Bournemouth
This is a full time temporary role.
Employer Reference: 51799180
Our client is looking for a Company Secretary. To develop and implement processes to promote and sustain excellent corporate governance. The successful candidate will lead, develop and embed processes and systems within owned companies to ensure statutory compliance with the Companies Act 2006 and ensure there are appropriate links and strong relationships with Officers, Directors and Shareholders across a range of activity to ensure consistency and good practice in the delivery of the company objectives and business plans.
- Advise the company directors on company law and financial regulations
- Keep under review legislative, regulatory and governance issues which may impact the companies and ensures that the Board is effectively briefed on them and the companies remain compliant
- Advise the Chair of each Board and the Director of Housing on issues of concern or conflicts of interest
To meet the key responsibilities, it is expected that the Company Secretary will:
- Oversee and ensure action on all legal, regulatory and compliance issues.
- Support the Chairs of the Boards and their Boards in the achievement of company strategic objectives.
- Ensure the effective and smooth operation of the companies’ decision making, reporting, budgetary and recharging mechanisms, as part of their formal administration of affairs
- Review and advise on company contracts e.g. SLAs.
- Co-ordinate and file the appropriate forms with Companies House to record any company changes to ensure compliance with Companies Act 2006.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services